Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Fish Of A Life Time

Tags
fish life time
4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mr Hazelton 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to share one of my best fishing experiences.

Recently my father had a seizure and i wanted to get him away from work and stress so i booked us a trip to Florida. To bring him fishing like he had brought me so many times when i was younger... My goal was to get us into some trophy red fish and or snook from bridges and jettys (didnt think boat would be a good idea beacuse of his health). Alltho we had fished Florida a few times before we are mainly striper fisherman in boston and had neva caught a red or a snook.

Long story short we had a great time with limited sucess when all of a sudden on the last nite of our trip my bait runner screamed louder and longer then ever befor... My dad had a fish on so i picked up my rod and tryed to cross the fishes eyes when i did this fish tugged back so hard i could only compair to the fight of a blue fin tuna except i only had 17 lbs. test on my rod. The fight went on for just under an hour and my arms were killing me but my dad was cheering me on the whole time and i ended up with a crowd around me watching. Finaly i get the fish to the surface and couldnt bealive the size of redfish i saw. The next obstical was gettin him ova a bridge that was sum 15-20 from the water. My dad grabbed the net when all of a sudden the fish gets anotha burst and decides to wrap me around the bridge. All i can hear is the friction between my line and the cement on the bridge and my heart pounding through my chest. I knew if i horsed him he was gone so i gave him slack and walked to the other side of the bridge he swam back around and my dad netted the biggest red we and the locals had ever seen... I think she was close to the state record but i respected the regs took a pic and let her go!!!

What a trip , what a fish, what teamwork....
Here is a few pics me and my dad holding a 30in red...
and then he took pics of me holding a monster bull red of a lifetime that we caught that last nite of the trip....

Hope u guys enjoy this story. and i hope this is the correct forum for it.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.