Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2009 SEASON !!!! Pictures - Fresh and Saltwater stripers

63K views 187 replies 97 participants last post by  BigBassJim 
#1 ·
#168 ·
Here are a couple of my catches out of Captree off the south shore of Long Island. Plenty of Fluke but not many keepers with the 21 inch restriction this year. I did have 2 keeper Fluke this summer but only got a pic of 1 of them with my GF. The 2 Stripers were taken over the past 2 weeks as the Striper season is here for us finally & the fish seem to be moving into town. 3 Big Blues in the 11-13 lb range from about 4 weeks ago. Good Luck Everyone! Fish On! thumbsup.gif

Attachments

#173 ·
Re: Close to NY, NY.

Thanks guys. Took my friend after a long night of BD celebrations 14 btl of wine quite a few pints of Guinness and some 16yr Lagavulin(sp), and we were off at the crack of...... Noon? Oh well we will give it a shot anyway it was a beautiful day. Hit RMSP nice water but low tide did not look fishy went over to Jones, found a nice spot near the Pass so we set up there and had a few beers and thought we might as well toss a few. My friend landed his first Bass and for his birth day too. So thanks for the help.
Rob

Attachments

#174 ·
Stripers are here! We cover a lot of water but have had some nice days with plenty of fish on the fly, plug, and on jigs. It is getting better by the day as we have marked a lot of bait and fish are moving into our waters.

Come out and experience a great fishery! Oh, Tog is on fire too!..
Tight Lines

Attachments

#175 ·
Went out on Wed day and Wed night for my last striper trip of the year...Getting Lasik and won't be able to be near the water for 4 weeks :( Got out there early and fished the blitzes that lasted for just about 3 hours. Got some nice schoolies to med. sized fish on tins and storms...Got a few on tubes later and then got some food in us waiting for the night hit w/ eels...Started doing some drifts and my buddy picked up a few blues on the eels...Then just before it got pitch black I hooked into my biggest of the year (not in inches but in weight)...It slammed the eel just as we got past the center jetty. It went on three runs and took a while to get it in...Nice to know you have checked your equitment right before heading back out...nothing else the rest of the night and this eneded up being my last fish and biggest of the year...41 inches and around 35 pounds....can't wait for next spring with no glasses anymore to get fogged up in the early morning mist...Now it's time to get the ice fishing gear tuned up and wait for the end of April...Thanks for the info. and hope everyone had a good year I did :a_goodjob: Oh yeah, she swam away and gave me a nice kicked of cold water for it....

Attachments

#177 ·
Re: Fall 2009

Quick trip to Romer this morning. Birds were up all over the place with small pods of bass busting here and there. Had two up to 12 pounds on bucktails and dropped another on a swimmer. Lots of boats anchored up and clamming. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I might give it a shot next time out.

Fun morning - the bass was delicious

Attachments

#179 ·
Re: Albemarle Sound - Fishing report network

Thanks for all the tips guys!!!
We went Friday afternoon and got skunked. Went Thanksgiving day and caught 8 with 5 keepers. The only thing we could get them to hit was small umbrella rig with 5 swim baits attached. Went yesterday and it was to windy and rough to fish. Attached is a picture of the keepers.

Attachments

#180 ·
I haven't been on in several months but honestly I haven't had the time not that I really do now. I've been going hard for past four months work sun-Thurs and race down to the family house in sea isle Thurs after work and return Sunday morning before work with min. amount if any of sleep. Lol. I figured I had the means and opportunity so why not. It worked out in my favor so much in the last 4 months that since my wife worked on my days off she went along wit my idea of being away alone on my days off fishing even in the northeaster we had I picked windows to fish lol. So i had excuse to not b on with u guys.
Any hoo now that ur bored I'm still new to striper fishing but I'm a fanatic about it everything is plan around striper fishing nowadays.
For two years I been at it got some nice fish along the way but my passion is surfishing and river fishing the spring spawn in Philadelphia where I'm from.
My goal this year was to crack 30 pounds since I cracked the teens and low 20's so I went to work I studied and put in time began to create something like an art form in my pursuit of a 30 class fish. And through all that no I did not crack the 30# I was seeking I did even better.
Jim if u reading (if u have time post the pic I sent u please)
Saturday November 28 2009 in sea isle city new jersey I found and set up on this small stretch of beach that had everything u could ask for in a location. First u had an exposed outer bar to the left and right, a funnel or rip in the middle to the left in front of the bar (beach side) was a deep trough to the left there was a bowl in front of the bar (beach side). There were rock jetties on either side that the exposed outer bar connected roams both bar just meet right at the midway point in between the two jetties I fish long and hard three tides straight and finally it paid off.
I ended up on the winning side of a 50 1/4 inch 42 3/4 pound cow as well as beaching 5 other lil guys (lol) that were 30"- 36" lmao lil guys! Had one double header on my two baited rods 30"&31" then the other 3 came in exactly 12 minute intervals I became the evenings best show as a crowd began to gather (no lie I couldn't believe it either) just to watch me fish even during minutes when I was not catching people stayed and watched to c if I'd get more. Lol it was something else people wanted to take my picture some ask could they kids take picture with me (that was awkward) but it was like something u could only dream of. I've actually made this statement several time now to the point I can't remember how many times I've said such in such day was best day of fishing but once again I falter and say: the best day of fishing I've ever had! Back to work now then c u down in the suds come Thurs nite! Tights lines. Jim tks when u can I'll send better photos they were from my iPhone. People r telling me it a fish of a life time but I say, two years just imagine 2 more years what I may do! Records r made to b broken!

Attachments

#182 ·
Re: December Special

I will be offering a Special to Striper247 readers for the month of December. This is a first come, first serve basis...I will offer up a special 2 person charter for jigging, trolling, fly, plugging for Bass, 6 hour trip for only $425! This will be based on availability and weather permitting...

Email or PM me for dates...Time to give back as we get closer to the holidays so why not close out 2009 with a trip out of the Manasquan Inlet on our 21CC as we run the beaches in search of Stripers!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.