Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2009 SEASON !!!! Pictures - Fresh and Saltwater stripers

63K views 187 replies 97 participants last post by  BigBassJim 
#1 ·
#81 ·
Fatties of 2009!!!! Pictures - Fresh and Saltwater stripers

May 13
Capt. Michael at the helm today of The ANGLER II and put 10 passengers on the Bass. 10 Bass to 25 lbs and for sh*$% and giggles about 70 blues to 9 lbs.
Capt Rich took out the Xpress for a charter and had a limit of bass and then some up to 34 lbs.
Open Boat all week and all weekend no reservations needed!
Pics from the past few trips

Attachments

#82 ·
Today despite the winds we took 6 bass up to 20lbs here in narraganetts. I tried to cancel this Spilt shared trip trip last night with the weatherman calling for high winds a 2ft-3ft chop but my passengers where taking a day out of work to go and said they would be happy with an hour or two of fishing. Two of the paassegers travel 3 hours and the other a new customer was local got here an an hour before shove off. we left the dock at 0500 and 0530 first keeper in the boat. We tried to stay out till 1000 but 0930 we headed back for that long 2 mile ride
. The fish were on top taking poppers while the bottom fish took green jig with squid traliors. I lost count on how many shorts we caught. Once the wind really picked up the drifts were to fast and we couldn't stay on the fish. So back at the dock at 1000 with 5 of the 6 keepers the Capt drop one (the dumb a$$.) Thanks to everyone that responded to the special we offered this week. I got pictures but the lens gotsomething on and they were all blurred.

Attachments

#83 ·
Today the wind and fog made things tough for several hours and where we had fish yesterday wasn't the same as today. Yesteday white top water and sand ell colors Jigs. Today yellow, or even blue jig with chorme top water. This couple took us up on a shared trip that ended up being just the two. Thanks Al and Diana. Al will be back Saturday to help fill that trip. Capt Joe at the helm.

Attachments

#85 ·
Re: Fishing report

/15

Started fishing at 6:00 friday night. I caught about 12 herring and head north. First pitch I Drift a herring and pick up a 33 inch bass instantly, drifted the strecth one more time no pick ups. I anchored up in one of the main slots and live lined and chunked. With in 10 minutes I picked up a 31 inch bass. I move about 50 yards towards jersey and acnhored again. Fished about 25 minutes and l picked up one bass on a chunk it ended up being a fat 30 inch hybrid bass, my first to date. Move once agian back towards the center, the sun was down and the bite got hot. I put out three rods, one live and two chunk baits. The herring got no hits but the chunks baits were get torn up. I caught 6 fish on chunk bait in the time span of about an hour and half. The 6 fish consisted of a 36 incher that ran like a freight train, a 33 incher, two 31 inchers, a 30 incher, and a whopper that measure 19 inches. It was a perfect night for fishing at Trenton everything came together. The perfect tide, weather, and a great Striper bite. I don't know how long the bass and herring will stay at Trenton but if want to get out on the bite Give Me a call 215 840 3093

Delaware water Temperature-63 degrees
Water Clarity- Off color
Bait- Cut Baits
Catch- 9 Stripers Largest 36 inches

#86 ·
May 16, 17

Saturday, May 16

Low pressure front put the fish down today only 1 keeper bass and a dozen or so bluefish. Wind against tide conditions did not help the bite.

Sunday, May 17

What a differance a day makes. The morning open boat trip took a limit of bass for 3 passengers. The afternoon private charter set up by John W. had a limit of bass to 30 lbs for 15 passengers and all the blues you wanted. It was lock and load fishing right from the start.

Open Boat sails at 6:30 am EVERYDAY (unless we are chartered. Please check our schedule regularly)

Open Boat Night Bass trips begin Thursday,ay 21st.

Attachments

#87 ·
May 18

10 Bass limit to 23 lbs for 5 passengers today and it was quick. Capt. Michael had the fares play catch and release with 5 or 6 more keepers (all released) and
then played with the bluefish for a bit. The weather for the next few days looks GREAT. If you have any days off work... USE THEM NOW!

6pm night trips this week will be Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There will be no night trip on Monday, Memorial Day.

We will run a special open boat afternoon trip on Monday, Memorial Day at 3:30pm.

Attachments

#88 ·
Off the hook fishing...8 passengers on the ANGLER II open boat w/ Capt. Michael, limited out in just 2 hours with bass to 22 lbs along with some blues. Capt Rich's charter on the Xpress had jsut as good results if not better with a limit of bass to 30 lbs. Played catch and release until arm weary customers begged for mercy!
You've been saving up those sick day's now is the time to use them!
ANGLER II Weekend Schedule
Thursday 6:30am-2:30pm Open Boat
5/21 6:00pm-11:00pm Open Boat
Friday 6:30am SOLD OUT Private Charter
5/22 6:00pm-11:00pm Open Boat
Saturday 6:30am-2:30pm Open Boat
5/23 6:00pm-11:00pm Open Boat
Sunday 6:30am-2:30pm Open Boat
5/24 6:00pm-11:00pm Open Boat
Monday 6:30am-2:30pm Open Boat
5/25 3:30pm-8:30pm Open Boat (There is no 6pm trip)
Memorial Day

Attachments

#90 ·
A limit of Bass to 32 lbs on the ANGLER II today. A few nice keepers to 27 lbs early on by boat regular Cliff of Bayside then a lull with the tide and towards the end of the trip it was lock and load fishing with Steve P. of Flushing landed two fine keepers to 32 lbs.
ANGLER II sails everyday at 6:30am
Night trips this week Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 6pm

Attachments

#94 ·
Though I didn't get out as much as I would have liked we did manage a few on the fly in the Hudson.

left photo is Bill Henry's striper. Bill has the use of only one arm and uses a Franco Vivarelli pump action reel it was pretty cool seeing him fight that fish one handed.

right photo is from just this past Monday night

Attachments

#99 ·
ANGLER II did not make it off the dock today. Those who were thinking of coming out today but didn't because of a few sprinkles.....BIG MISTAKE. Capt Rich's charter on the Xpress was non stop bass at every drop. Fish to 25 lbs many in the 20's early limit and then catch and release fun for some fun. Pics from yesterday's ANGLER II trip. Andy from NJ took the pool.
ANGLER II sailing EVERYDAY Rain or shine!

Attachments

#102 ·
We had Mike out for a short Surf fishing trip out of Moriches Long Island New york. his persistance paid off with a nice 36" Striper taken on a chicken scratch bomber retreived slowly to entice the hit. the fish gave him a good tussel and really tested his drag! he dropped a few more fish. the fish were not in an agressive feeding mood with the end of the full moon and east winds. The fishing should pick up later in the week on the down side of the moon.
P.S. we have surf and Boat trip openings this month and next.
Tight Lines!
Capt.dennis
D.C.OUTDOOR ADVENTURES inc.
WWW.HUNTFISHNY
631-786-7871

Attachments

#103 ·
Report: 6/4-6/9 2009
Fly Fishing
Flies used: Deceivers, Bunkers, and Eels

Pogies have been schooling in and around the harbor consistently for the past 5 mornings. They have been a little tricky to find due to overcast skies and lack of birds. I have had some luck spotting breaking fish in and around spectacle and long island on the outgoing tide. Airport and quincy have been reletively dead as far as early moring top water action is concerned.

Deceivers have been working well in darker hues (Olive, brown etc) I also have had some luck with some bunker patterns and other broadsided flies. I have been working some intermediate sink lines in the lower tides and have had a lot of success. I find its good to get the flies down before beginning a typical deceiver retrieve.

The skoolies have been striking well but the big boys have been reluctant to take anything but chunk bait... its been tough to get them to really consistently strike my flies.

I have however seen a lot of very productive fishing from others using chunk baits and strung mackrel. Tide is a little rough for early mornings this week but if you can find the pogies breaking you're golden.

-OTF

#104 ·
They wanted to catch some east cost striped bass and by the end of the day sore arms were in order. Some stripers were caught on topwater, but the majority were caught deep. Moving around is a must to locate some nice schools of fish.​
They had the pleasure of catching a few triples during the trip.​

They flew back home yesterday with found memories of our Chesapeake Bay.​

Equipment Used: Light spinning tackle.​

Most Productive Lure: 5" Bass Assassin in Silver/Glitter rigged on a 1/2 ounce jighead.​

Most Productive Technique: Casting out, jigging the lure off the bottom, and then running it through all the water columns.​

Tight Lines,
Capt. Tom Hughes
Booking Half Day & Full Day Trips Year Around

#105 ·
Lake Texoma elevation is 621.29 (just over 2 ft. above normal) and the water temperature is 77°. The fishing is unchanged and they are still biting as fast as you can get bait down. I caught a 50 fish limit Sunday morning in about 45 minutes and probably released another 20-30 more fish. We had our limit by 8:30. The fishing slowed down around 9:00 AM but we caught fish until my group got ready to call it quits around 10:00. All my fish have been caught anchored in 40 ft. of water near the river channel using live shad 3-5 cranks off the bottom. There are also lots of fish being caught in the deep water fishing with live shad 40 ft. down in 70 ft. of water. The shad are still spawning along the banks in the morning and I've been hearing a couple of reports of some topwater success but I have not tried it yet.

When I catch a quick limit, I give my customers the option of catching and releasing, going cat fishing, or trying for a big fish. The past few trips, my customers have decided to try for a big fish. We might not catch 1-2 fish the rest of the trip but they will be BIG. Pictured below are the fish from Saturday and Sunday's trips. June and July are some of my favorite months to fish. I have caught more big fish in those 2 months than the rest of the year combined. Now is the time to come fishing for the big ones.

June is starting to fill up, I still have a couple of weekend slots available but there are still lots of options left in July. My prices are $125/person, children and active military are half price when accompanied with 2 full price adults. You can book your trip online at www.stripersinc.com or you can call me anytime at (903)815-1609 and I'll get you set up.

Your Lake Texoma Fishing Guide,
Brian Prichard
Stripers Inc.
www.stripersinc.com

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.