Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

2009 SEASON !!!! Pictures - Fresh and Saltwater stripers

63K views 187 replies 97 participants last post by  BigBassJim 
#1 ·
#30 ·
Freshwater Fatties of 2009....

Hello all,im writing this report on some outstanding fishing taking place down here in Texas.Here is a few that fell to foot long gizzard shad on a flourocarbon leader with 4/0 circle, snelled to be as inconspicuous as possible in the crystal clear river system that i call my home waters.

These fish all came this year from the Brazos and Red River systems.All were caught freelining big gizzards.For some reason no one else can catch fish this quality in Texas this year.If I need a big beer to wash some crow meat down,well...so be it.I honestly would like to know if anybody is catching big river striper in Texas.See ya where the river bends.

#31 ·
Re: Jersey Shore Reports for 2009

This report is late only because I just found this site...... I fished off of the sedges of Barnegat Bay late Friday night from 9pm til around 2am.. I managed to nail 2 keeper Bass 1@32" and the 2nd fish @ 37" (pictured)... Both fish hit plugs during the last hr of incoming.........

Attachments

#37 ·

For some reason I lost the link to this forum
but we have been busy fishing freshwater stripers
in lakes like Diamond valley and Silverwood
some fish caught trolling small swimbaits and other tossing bigger siwmbaits, my last one was on 4-4-09, a 24 pounder at 10:30 am!
is rare that it nailed the swimbait with the sun at full force
in 30 ft of water.:a_goodjob:

eddie fishtaco

Attachments

#39 ·
Went out 4/9/09

Went out of the south river and trolled north of bloody point got the lines out around 3 and trolled till 6 and picked up a 32'' a 37'' and 38'' not bad for a few hours.Cain wait till the 18th. I herd on the vhf that a lot of guys were picking up alot of fish near the blue cargo ship when i was out i see it in your back ground lol

Attachments

#44 ·
Fatties of 2009!!!! Get the cameras ready!!!]

left madison out of the little choptank at 5:45am saturday. got lines in by 6:30. trolled around bouy 78 and 78a the majority of the time. hooked one about 9:30 and one at about 10:30. first one was 36 inches second was 32. both of them were off the planer boards. only ran 8 rods because i had 6 pretty big guys on the boat. i only saw 1 other fish caught on another boat all day and it was a small one. from the sounds of the radio traffic it was tough going or everyone! 4 buddys of mine took each of there boats out of the same ramp and they only got 2 on one boat, 2 on another boat, and the other 2 boats got skunked. made me feel pretty fortunate that i got anything at all. hope it gets better this week, i'm off all week. good luck everybody!

Attachments

#48 ·

:a_goodjob:heres two pretty ones,either way you look at it.Two pretty fish and two pretty girls(I AM a little partial since the girls are my babies,11 and 15)Very happy to have both of em on the boat at the same time

Striper fishing or should say catching here has been very slow.I am gonna make a raod trip this week to where some are,and hopefully post a catching report(if the good lords willing) sam

#49 ·
Delaware river

I've been out several times since march 1st at least 10. But last thurs. & sun. have been the best fishing of my life as far as I'm concerned. On 4-16-09 got two slot fish in the boat 26" & 25" with 10 or more at or around 15" or better. 4-19-09 got 32 1/2" and 26" with 7 shorts in 3 hours. This is only my second year chasing stripers last year in 20 trips I got one keeper a biggin. And that was the best fish so far for me. But releasing a 30" + fish? Never thought I'd be able to do that! Now that I have it dosent seem to be so hard. The feeling was great reviving that fish and feeling her clamp down on my hand kick water on me and steam off. That was the best feeling in the world and I've done alot to say the least LOL. My wife says I'm cheatin on her with a striPPer so I told can help it I'm in love wit a striper.......LOL it's a song

pictures are much better anyway.

4 -2 -09

4 -16 -09 25" 26"

4 -17 -09 25 1/2 inches

4 -19 -09

4 -19 -09 32 inches

#51 ·

Here are just a few monsters I got this year I love striper fishing and the stripers have been good to me! I never had a scale on board but I believe two of them are over 50 lbs those two were both 50 inchers

Attachments

#52 ·
Re: potomac river fletcher's/chain bridge i need help

Hit the Potomac 2 weeks ago at Fletchers and had a blast. fished on that rainy cold Wednesday and had shad and herring action all day. 2 Stripers, one was 7lbs 8oz and the other I didn't even weigh. Numerous catfish of various sizes and then the mother took my bait. 43lb 8oz monster.

Fished again on Friday of the same week. Sunshine and 74 with shad and herring action all day and 1 catfish and zero stripers.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.