Here fishy fishy fishy...... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 07-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Young salt

Default Here fishy fishy fishy......

'Tis been mighty slow in the OOB/Saco River area lately, and from what I understand, much the same as far north as Portland. After a slow start to the season in late May (I know, early to begin with, but who among us can't relate to "THE ITCH") things finally started looking up the 2nd week of June. After a number of skunkings, my persistence finally paid off in the amount of a 1/2 dozen decent sized slot fish (couple were 18", the rest ranged from 21-25" ~ most of which with bulging bellies) in one night off the beach.....only made sweeter by the complete goose egg I put up earlier in the day. I beached a couple more over the next week, only to be outnumbered by an enormous amount of bait fish running heavier than the corporate Jet of those pigs from 'The View.' Needless to say things slowed down considerably in the days/weeks to follow as the surf literally bubbled.......which makes sense, I mean how many of us would pass up a juicy Filet Mignon for a piece of cube steak??? Anyway, not a dang thing since 'cept for a nibble here and a nibble there. I went the entire weekend of the gathering without even seeing a landed, let alone catching one.....that is other than the few our 'North of the Border' Buddies Wild dave & Co.brought back to the Feast O' Plenty Saturday afternoon. Granted, things have been busy lately and I haven't been able to get out nearly as much as I'd like, but I know quite a few die-hard anglers in the area and the concensus is that it's been really slow thus far. We're getting into the dog days of July though which is usually the time things pick up, and believe me I'm praying for it. Before long the inevitable migration southward will have the Wipers trading in their flippers for flip-flops and heading for warmer seas. Okay I'm getting wayyy ahead of myself, still got 2-2 1/2 solid months of fishing before all is said and done, so maybe instead of whining about it on here, I should get my sorry arse back to the shore and wet a line. I'm no expert, but I'm almost positive the odds of catching a fish increase mightily with a pole in my hand and not slappin away on this here keyboard. Good luck and tight lines guys.......

P.S. If I don't see any action from now 'til the end of the season, get ur spare room ready Mr. Monteith 'cause I'll be Carolina bound!!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement