Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Fatties of 2008!!!! Get the cameras ready!!!]

65K views 156 replies 105 participants last post by  GRIZZ 
#1 ·
Post pictures of your 2008 fatties here.

DO NOT POST WITHOUT PICTURES

edit: = jim rebuild thread

#102 ·
been under lock down, time is precious these days.. fishing is still good when you can get outside... supposedly they will have my home PC fixed this week end.... Here's a few of the latest..

Attachments

#103 ·
Joe,
Very nice!! I was showing those photos to my daughter Sophia, and she was a little bit scared at first. She calls fish like that monster fish. I rarely keep fish, or take photos, so she doesn't see them very often. I did keep a couple this weekend for the table, and Sophia insisted that we take a picture of her with her "monster fish".

Attachments

#104 ·
It was a good summer. Got to fish with some old and new friends.
Special thanks to Danny and Roccus for taking me aboard your vessels.

And best of all the fish were biting.

PB with tube and worm

Early July

Captain Dan with a 41 pounder. Released.

The Marsh.

Just give me "a hook and an eel".

Late July on the water with Roc.

The master.

A rainy August night

My best in the net this summer 32 pounds. Released.

As Roc would say " teenagers

The "Rock Weed Beach".

And finally the pogies showed up in my home water. What a blast it was.

My son Shawn

Same day.

My co-worker's first ever striper.

My best in the pogie streak.

I'm not done fishing yet. Caught a couple shorties this weekend on an eel and tom cod. But the bass in my Bay are 10+ miles from the ocean and most will be gone in a month.
Please, one more go around with the pogies. I learned a lot.
There may be more to come. Stay tuned.

#107 ·
Yeah I know you like my Arse:Thu-2:It was great fishing with you,BTW nice secret weapon that was the first time I brought eels and didn't use one:whistle:it's only going to get better as Fall cloes's in.

5/0

#120 ·
Re: Trolling for lake stripers?

I do that ! I normally cast to boils the first hour
and when thereis no boils I start trolling
normally I'll use a u rig these days that the lake stripers are after shad
later I'll use a spreader bar with a couple of trout looking lures

I got these last monday Nov 10

Attachments

#124 ·
JC and headed out for Stripers. Drifted eels at the #10 buoy east of the high rise. Got there at high tide as soon as the tide picked up it was on!!!
Caught five, released three all were 45 pound class fish with one tipping the scales at 63 pounds!!!! The 63 pounder was caught on my Penn Live Liner spooled w/20 pound test mono, a 6/0 Gamakatsu Octopus circle hook, 50 pound mono leader, under a free lined bobber and on a tiny 6" eel. It took 40 minutes to get her safely in the net, when she first swirled (25 min into the fight) just under the surface the swirl looked like an outboard taking off. From the swirl alone we knew she was HUGE!!! What really sucked is she took me around the boat at least six times went from port to stbd and back across the bow at least eight times and every time she would change directions I could feel her massive tail hitting the leader as she pulled drag trying to swim off... nerve racking to say the least. More details to come!!! We got it all on video and that will be coming soon as well!!! AWESOME NIGHT!!!

Thanks JC for the trip and fish of a lifetime!!! "DO WORK"!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.