Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Fatties of 2008!!!! Get the cameras ready!!!]

65K views 156 replies 105 participants last post by  GRIZZ 
#1 ·
Post pictures of your 2008 fatties here.

DO NOT POST WITHOUT PICTURES

edit: = jim rebuild thread

#10 ·
First time out this year today 5/6 took me all but 20 mins for this fish to bite.
Just put the pole in the water with fresh chunk herring and was organizing things
aboard when I see my pole bouncing. Picked it up and this baby just took off.
Whammo....42-1/4" 33lb Striper....day was over before it started but boy was it ever fun.
Took me about 20 mins to get in due to me fighting it against the tide. I took the fish to
the River Basin and entered it. Supposedly 2 or 3 other fish were brought in today as well
so Tom couldn't tell where I stand but I would guess about 4th place for now.

#12 ·
Water 55-degrees
Little rain, but nothing like they predicted !!

Grabbed this guy on our 2nd drift ... 37" 19lber

Me and my buddy Todd with a nice double (gotta love doubles) thumbsup.gif

Missed a few others too. Another buddy go two right near us as well.

So you could say they are definatly here now :cheers:

#14 ·
My Son and Good friend and former Brazos River Record Holder Homer (Mitch) Spence an I headed up to Oklahoma to get in on the fine Spring striper bite

This is one of the heaviest stringers of landlocked stripers I've seen in years.

All fish came on freelined or ballooned 10-18" Blueback Herring.

River Tailrace fishing at it's finest!

Water Plant Hat Fish Sky

#16 ·
Hit the water today...they keep getting bigger! I landed a 35" 18lbs. Then my father connected on a 33" 14lbs. 1hr later...the line started ripping.... 39" 24lbs. My personal best. Right towards the end of the day...my uncles father landed a great 37" 19lbs. The best day on the water in my book.

#21 ·
I have wanted to be able to do this for years. Finally got a boat, and with all of your help here in the forum I have been somewhat successful. Here are pictures of the first stripers my dad, my buddy Carl, and I have ever caught. We kept these three all the rest were released.

Had great luck on 5/12 and 5/13 but now I can't seem to find them. Have gone 9 nights since 5/12 but been skunked the past 3 times. Has been a long 2 weeks work till 4:30, haul the boat 45 minutes and fish till midnight.

I am going to get out tomorrow, Monday, and hopefully some nights next week.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY HERE WHO HELPED TO MAKE THIS POSSIBLE thumbsup.gif
Shane :cheers:

my dad

Carl

me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.