Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
124K views 238 replies 111 participants last post by  Capt. John S 
#1 ·
Told the wife she needed a break from work today and I needed someone to go fishing with. Anyway back to the report we ended up with 4 citations biggest being 41 pounds.thumbsup.gif

See less See more
#230 ·
My buddy and I fished the Ohio River last Saturday. Conditions were bad as there was powerful wind blowing up the river valley. We fished the mouth of the Great Miami River right before dark and caught two white bass and one hybrid. The hybrid got away next to the boat only because I was trying to land him by hand and the waves were brutal. I'll use a net next time. Here's my buddy with his big white bass. All fish were caught on the Flitterbait.

#231 ·
Well, Capt Ralph did it again, Managed to get us a limit of 16-25 lb stripers for the table by 12:30 pm on Sunday so we could hunt for trophies till 3:00 pm . Although we couldn't manage any New Personal Bests we did catch a few 30 lb + fish that we quickly released . We all managed to hook into at least 5 fish with my buddy Tony..showing off his skills with 7 fish He was High Hook and had the largest of our keepers. My dad with the funny hat...called every fish he caught within 5 minutes before he caught it....Not Bad for a 73 yr old man. I'm the Guy with the Vest pictured with my two keepers in hand.

Lived 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

Attachments

#233 ·
Re: Reading the Beach

36.76 pounds 45 & 3/4" caught on penn 965 international w/12lb test on ava 17 green tail and green teaser on a ugly stick 7' medium casting rod in the surf in sea isle city new jersey. 2 hours before high tide, some really ruff surf my baited rod could not hold bottom with 10 ounces of lead today 11-16-2010.
Sorry I been away from the site so long working long hours will do it but it's still work and fish a little sleep and eat in-between

Attachments

#236 ·
Re: California Aqueduct Information

Here are some more catches from the past month. The DD's have been really showing. I can't remember ever having such a great month in my 25 years of duct fishing. These are only the DD's. There were more smaller fish caught on other days but I didn't include them. Most of these DD's were released. Some kept for me and some gave to the various guys I was fishing with.

#237 ·
The Karen Lynn enjoyed a great 2010 Season! Most of our days were spent on the water as we enjoyed the beautiful weather. Fishing was excellent as well! Our charter groups enjoyed world class Blue Fin Tuna Fishing, Ground Fishing, and Striped Bass Fishing.

This season a large variety of Blue Fin Tuna arrived close to home. We saw many schools of tuna in a variety of different sizes. On any given day you had a shot of landing a fish of a lifetime. There were very few days were we did not encounter excellent tuna action! On those quiet days where there was not much tuna activity we switched gears and headed for an afternoon of Ground Fishing. Once we arrived to our new location the rods were quickly bending with much fun and excitement had by all!

If the Karen Lynn was not out tuna fishing or ground fishing we were out looking for those monster striped bass. Whether we were using live bait or chumming there was great action to be had. Many days we landed multiple trophy Striped Bass. One of the largest stripers was caught on a charter weighing in at 48 lbs his first bass he had ever caught!

Karen Lynn had a great season for sure, and I have high hopes for 2011! The fish will return and they will be larger! We will be back fishing in April, enjoying those early season Haddock and looking forward to the opening of Cod season on April 15. A great way to shake off the cabin fever and enjoy the beautiful New England spring days!

Thanks to all of you who joined us aboard the Karen Lynn. I am looking forward to many great adventures in 2011!

Capt Collin
Karen Lynn Charters
http://www.karenlynncharters.com/

Attachments

#239 ·
2011 season almost ready for New Jersey!​

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.