Can't wait - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 03-09-2007, 02:42 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: Can't wait

nice looking plugs as always roc. that eel should do the trick sliding over the bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2007, 12:39 PM

Woah Roc, what a gorgeous plug. Good job, and keep it up!
Old 03-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

nice addition roc, you still entertaining the thought of visiting jr. this spring?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2007, 11:25 AM

He better still be entertaining it. I just got back from Texas so I have to call him and make some plans. Thats if the old lady decides to keep the baby in ubtil June like shes suppose to, lol. Been having some problems with the pregnancy and the Docs were talking about taking it early so hopefully the baby grew some and and they'll keep the baby in for awhile longer. If not, there won't be to much fishing for me for awhile, lol. I didnt get out much last year so I definately need to get out some early on this year, even if I have to take some vacation time, hum, good idea. Time to drop some leave papers, fish on!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

dude, i am sure it will be just fine and will say some prayers just to make sure. you keep her happy jr! no stress! pops will just ruin it for us and catch the biggest fish anyway!

Old 03-13-2007, 10:25 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

So when are we going?.... I'll make sure to bring lots of plugs as gifts for you guy's... I've got a ton of needle fish, some redesigned Dannys, lots of darteres and bottle plugs...and a few otheres I'll keep a secret for now....
Old 03-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

good. i will save your birthday pkg for when you come. when did you have in mind? maybe the week of memorial day as we will be sure because after last years debocle if it rains this time i'll shoot myself! but we should get fish starting to bite first week of april. when is jr's wife due? june? excellent! we got time before his world flips. gotta come now. what's your schedule look like?

Old 03-15-2007, 08:14 AM

I should have a pretty good idea what's going on by monday afternoon after the ultra sound. If all goes well I'll be on the phone with the old man monday night to try and come up with a date and we can try to put something in stone.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

yea, mom.s mri is monday. will also know what is goin on with her. should be okay for both of em and that;s all we can hope for anyway. pops is salivating at the prospect of a fish right about now/ i took so much time off work that it may have hurt my chances of being there with you guys for the whole time he;s here. let;s see when he can come down first. i hope jim is feeling better!

Old 03-16-2007, 06:05 PM

Zim Ill be there without a doubt even if I cant do much.
If I could breathe i'd go jogging but unfortunately Im haveing trouble getting my breath. I just go real slow and save the exertional stuff for when absolutely necessary. Like FISH ON!!!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:52 PM

Well, the appointment went okay today. The baby grew some and all is looking okay. I think the biggest problem is we just have small babies but the doc's want to keep a close eye anyway. I'll call up the old man tonight and will see if we can put some dates together. Time to do some fishing.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:34 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrotz24 View Post
Well, the appointment went okay today. The baby grew some and all is looking okay. I think the biggest problem is we just have small babies but the doc's want to keep a close eye anyway. I'll call up the old man tonight and will see if we can put some dates together. Time to do some fishing.
Glad to hear all is well...

Small babies run in the family... your were 4 11, your sister was 5-2 I was 4lbs on the money... back then they said i'd never see my first birthday..

To quote Bergiss Merideth in Grumpy old men "all the so called experts keep dying and I'm still here
Old 03-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

great news bubba! pops was 4lbs.? geez, you wuz all da nurses favorite i bet. i;m gonna name my first 4lber this season roc. (SAVE YA THE RESPONSE BY SAYING) my only bass will be 4lber.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:35 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
great news bubba! pops was 4lbs.? geez, you wuz all da nurses favorite i bet. i;m gonna name my first 4lber this season roc. (SAVE YA THE RESPONSE BY SAYING) my only bass will be 4lber.

LMAO.. I use plugs that are 4 lbs..... Zim, old friend,you forgot the 0 after the 4, I'm sure it just a typo...

Just let me know a few days in advance when there are a few fish around, dont care if they are only schoolies, long as nothing is going on, I'll make the trip....
Old 03-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

you got it! went down yesterday and wet the flyline. but this time of year i just love chuckin huge clams for the early cows. every first week of april before the season starts i get 20+ lb fish by me. they come through at night and i never know which night to be there but i seem to catch em when they arrive. the moon is april 2nd and should bring the first body of fish so i will be on the hunt from the 3rd on. figure high tide is 9:20 on the 2nd. and 10 on the 3rd 10:40 the 4th etc. so that week at night is when i will be freaking out. just hope i can have an uneventful spring. i am in up to my neck at work but can handle them. just seems life sheet just puts the kabosh on my fishing alot. don't know for sure what the weather will be doing, the water is only 39 degrees here (maybe 41 in some spots) the jet is moving systems in a clockwise rotation which is NE winds which wont push any warm water up as offshore sst are in the upper 40's along the outer banks. bunker should be arriving within the next week or so. i am 100% sure there are schoolies here but have not gotten the time to track em down. i will get a pic of one for you within the next few days (if jim don;t beat me to it - as i know he will be around this weekend)