2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here) - Page 6 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:22 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Mu, looks like a full moon this weekend. Any thoughts on fishing late night. Was thinking of putting in at Linden Ave and giving it a shot.
High should be 3:43 on Sunday morning at TP bridge. Thanks for any help.
Johnw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Striper Hunter

Sorry Mu, jumped the gun a little. April 6 7 8 look like the high tides.
Is it worth a shot late night? Have done it in the bays and inlets at the shore but never on the river.
johnw
Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
South of Cbb is governed by Delaware state regs. Pennsy regs state 2 fish 20-26" between April 1st - may 31st all other months 2 bass at 28"+ closed between Jan 1st- march 31st
That sounds rite. think it is 28" above the Calhoon Street bridge year round.. not sure about spelling of Calhoon but it is in trenton...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Official Member

Goodfishing, yes and whaler is currently having a T-top put on so can't wait til I get it back.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

I am still doing extensive research on the movements feeding and spawning habits during the full moon period in April. I my past years I have caught several decent size fish at night. Most of my first few years of logs don't have moon stages but I'm piecing it together. I will be fishing throughout the night real soon so we will see.
By first week of April I suppose there will be enough quality bass around to at least give it a shot.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Official Member

Thanks mu fish. Much appreciated to you and good fishin.. Ive only been out on the river a couple of time with alittle luck nothing crazy. Still working out the kinks trying different things and soaking up as much info as possible. It wasnt till recently my buddy and i got a boat and to find out that i can catch big stripers this close to home is awesome. It used to be alot of trips to brigentine and thats pricey. But thanks agains guys for the info and good luck! Happy fishing!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM
Official Member

I'm off all next week so i'll be logging some hours on the river. We'll see how it goes.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:03 PM
jetinray

Good luck lunch box fill us in on you trips. I need to fine a suppier of broods since my guy is doing the trout bait right now.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Official Member

New to this board fish in Maryland for spring run may have to try de after bad couple years. Just heard guys limited out at Augustine beach area yesterday biggest 30lbs all caught on fresh bunker so might want to try it up north might work for those bigger ones. Stay safe out there guys
Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
I am still doing extensive research on the movements feeding and spawning habits during the full moon period in April. I my past years I have caught several decent size fish at night. Most of my first few years of logs don't have moon stages but I'm piecing it together. I will be fishing throughout the night real soon so we will see.
By first week of April I suppose there will be enough quality bass around to at least give it a shot.
Thanks MU for sharing your info, I am interested to see what your reserch produces. If your notes dont show the phase of the moon, if you recorded dates you may be able to utilize a computer to back date the phase. Maybe a web search might help?
Gravy
Old 03-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Job View Post
Thanks MU for sharing your info, I am interested to see what your reserch produces. If your notes dont show the phase of the moon, if you recorded dates you may be able to utilize a computer to back date the phase. Maybe a web search might help?
Gravy
I did a quick search and found a moon phase calculator on ifate, it see to have some astrology stuff but it might help, with your older files.
Gravy
Old 03-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Cool Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Job View Post
I did a quick search and found a moon phase calculator on ifate, it see to have some astrology stuff but it might help, with your older files.
Gravy
Yea I'm basically jus web searching to piece together all trips wit moon phases.
Hoping to get out before the sun comes up Tomm for afew hours before work. Been to busy this week to yet out but fri, sat, sun I'll get some hrs in. I heard herring were in the passage at fairmout dam. Anyone else hear anything on the herring?
Not getting out today gone have to wait til sat
Old 03-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Heading out should be on the river by 1:30pm after a quick stop to grab some live bait..... Stripers love trout
Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Striper Hunter

Well, finally I got out today, we went out of Ridley marina. It was windy, with on and off rain. The wheather was a bit much for my pop! We had some hits and our hooks got stripped by perch.
About 40 mins into out trip and it happend!! Three heavy hits and ZZZZzz, my reel was singing!! I caught my first Delaware River Striper!! She was a beauty!! 38-40 inch. Pop says she was + 40, who care what amazing site! all lit up with color. I got her on a blood worm, I marked some big fish 8-12 ft water, the water temp was 54 degrees. We were out 2- 2 1/2 hrs. The cold just got to my pop! We headed back. What a Great day!!
GravyClick image for larger version

Name:	striper2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	15810

Click image for larger version

Name:	Striper 38 40.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	15811
Old 04-01-2012, 02:41 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Way to go gravy ur officially a Delaware river striper man!!! Good stuff!

Was out in the mess today tried one of my hole up station no luck so I moved back down to other spots and the fish were still there. No size tho. And perch were out in force at every stop which was something I was afraid of happening before the big Stripers got here. Usually the big cows r up river before the perch but water jus been to warm. So gone to move into my post spawn routine cause bloodworm will not get any more play on my boat. 10$ to much to let perch pick away all day. But if u got a grinder like me every perch becomes chum so either way I guess is ok. Lol. I was surprised no takers on the trout today livelined on a few drifts at places tht routinely produce and nada. Live Creek chubs clams and trolling tomorrow maybe I'll pick up a few trout they will produce big fish. So not much to report except the perch r taking over and lots of Lil bass biting. Hitting the river before sun up til sundown hope to give a more detailed report for u guys later.
Go go gravy!!!!!!