How can i fish more? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 AM
Official Member

Default How can i fish more?

I read online and see pictures of all the nice fish you guys are catching and I ask how can I do that? Problem is, I live in central PA and for the past couple of years I can only get a couple trips in a year. But I got the bug bad and need more! haha. What helps is I traded my car for a truck so I figure I can sleep in the back making it cheaper than getting hotels. Finding safe places to sleep and fish is making me feel a bit overwhelmed though. Can anybody with similar problems help a brother out? One area I know and am familiar with is Assitque island but i would like options. It just sucks I cant be out on the water whenever I want .

This is the little guy that got it all started.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-10-16_18-35-21_168.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	16249  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: How can i fish more?

the coming season will present access problems as well as "what i presume" fishing/swimming/surfing/diving closures. a huge chunk of real estate along the shorelines of the coatal hurricane effected areas have been fenced off and closed to access.. these areas will most likely see continued closures well into the spring and summer.. what does that mean to you and i? limited fishing space. limited parking space. limited access and or overwhelming crowding of what little fishable areas there are.. in the coming months, any areas you frequented in the past may have access issues and, asking for anything available to you to frequent now is imo futile till individuals get out and about when the season gets under way. (and that will be all but impossible to find out as any area accessable to fishing will be kept tight lipped by those who can keep thier mouths shut) so i hate to be a killjoy but you will have to wait and see what is available to fish when spring arrives.. glad you caught the bug and don't worry... you will get your opportunities i'm sure...

Old 12-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: How can i fish more?

There are several areas in and around the inter coastal waterway that create choke points for migratory Striper.. Stiper don't start migrating till there 28 to 30 inch's long or a few years old.. With what sounds like limited water access with a boat.. Your best bet is going to be one of these choke points.. There are several in North Carolina where the young adult fish are squeezed into relatively small body's of water.. Where the stiper can be effectively fished for from the bank.. Best advise i can give is decide when you can go where you want to go and call every bait shop in the area call as many as possible because some will BS you to get you in the area... Roanoke river in NC in the spring is blown up and there are several state parks to fish from.. Send me a private message I can see about hooking you up..

Jeff