A lunker of a thank you - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 11-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Fishslayer

Default A lunker of a thank you

My name is Harry and I'm from Southern New Jersey. My son, also named Harry (I know, how arrogant of me!), is 5 years old. He is the most obsessed fisherman ever! He would rather fish than go to amusement parks, eat ice cream, anything! He has easily caught between 200-300 fish this year. Everything from fluke to tog to sharks! He also fishes fresh water as well.
For the past few months, he has been obsessed with catching a Striper. He has been like Ahab and the White Whale, morning, noon and night. I have never considered myself a very good fisherman, but am learning by reading, researching, and asking questions at the bait shop and various fishing spots. Everyone has been very helpful, especially when they see Harry catching so many fish and being so excited. He is known as "Harry the Kid" or "The Fish Slayer" by all the regulars at our favorite spots.
I have read nearly every post on this website in an attempt to learn enough to help him to reach his Holy Grail of a Striper. We have gone out on a few party boats and fished from various bridges and piers but no luck.
That changed on Sunday!! Harry caught a 35 inch, 13.4 pounder! He lost his mind, pleading to the fishing Gods as 2 men helped me get his fish up the twenty feet to the bridge "Please Don't Come Unhooked!" Once we landed it safely onto the bridge he proclaimed to all of the twenty or so fishermen who gathered while he jumped up and down, "I am so lucky...I have a pretty good life!"
We could not have made his dream come true without all of the knowledge and help of all of you.
He made me take him to the Bait and Tackle shop to show the guys and weigh it in. The owners took his picture with his fish to post on the wall. He made me print pictures for him to take to school today.
From a father who has witnessed first hand the excitement and wonder on the face of his beloved little boy when his dreams come true, my heartfelt lunker of a Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: A lunker of a thank you

your not arrogant. my fathers name is john and his fathers name is john. I'm John the 2nd and my son is John the 3rd. Maybe we'll get a 4th 5th and 6th..........
Old 12-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Official Member

A great story and a real nice fish. Congrats to both of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Fishslayer

Thanks Fellin, we appreciate your Congrats! I felt compelled to post the Thank you because I am sure without the information I got from this website, he would have never got his fish.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

well done young man....
did you ever see such a beautiful fish?
i know how happy you were!
thanks dad for the PM and you were too gracious to say my posts were helpful. i'm glad you guys have good fortune from anything we post here. this is what we are all about at this site. we may stray from the original objective "which is what this post is all about" but we still revert back to basics and try and steer people in the right direction to be successful. this makes my season better seeing this. way to go slayer and i hope santa will give you some good fishing gifts under the tree.... zim