Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
139K views 166 replies 43 participants last post by  Jeremyct 
#1 ·
These pictures are from a recycled lost thread on old surf fishing pictures.
The first one is Kay Townsend
and Rosa Webb with ladies' all tackle world records
that were caught within an hour.
Jaw Standing Fish Smile Fin

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I had seen those here before, thay are great. reminds me of the picture I have on teh mantle here of my wifes aunts fishing someon in cape cod around the same circa judging by the film. aka ancient times :)

I notice the tires on that station wagon are HUGE. ALl of them seem big.

#5 ·
Rocc said:
Are those records still standing?
Im not sure Rocc. Carolyn Brown has a 63 pounder to her credit. On the left. But I dont know what pound test she used. I'll have to look at the IGFA records.

Asie Espanek took a 64 pounder off of staten Island in the 80's. Its still a SI. record. Thats asie with fred at Lemon Creek

Attachments

#134 ·
Add another Kudo to Asie - Two years prior to the 64 she captured and released a 54 pound fish. She caught the fish on her boat which was equipped with a large live well, put the fish in the well and ran back into Sheepshead Bay weighed it at Stella Maris and with a major league crowd watching released it into the bay.
:a_goodjob:

#12 ·
Upsetting......I do have to comment on the fourth picture down in the original post...Has anyone else noticed how many Stripers ONE man has sitting next to him on the beach??????? I know rules were non-existent back then, but imagine if they still were non-existent, we wouldn't have any fish to catch.

#22 ·
OLD PICTURES

GEEZ JIMMY,,,,THOSE OLD PICTURES ARE REAL TREASURE'S,,,,I WANT TO POST THEM ON MY WALLS,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT TO SEE THAT TRUCK WITH ALL THOSE BASS IN THE BACK,,,LEAVE'S ME SPEECHLESS,,,,,HOW COULD SOMEONE GET AWAY WITH THAT !! I AM SURE IF ANYONE FROM THIS BOARD WAS THERE THEY WOULD HAVE PUT THIS GUY AWAY,,,,,ME PERSONALLY,,,I WOULD HAVE BURIED HIM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.