Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

New stuff?

Tags
stuff
3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  smulax 
#1 ·
What, if any new stuff did you buy this year in order to give you an edge on the striper, whether its a new pack of rubber lures or a new rod/reel setup, I'm just curious what everyone is trying new this year.

I bought:
9ft Tica Dolphin surf w/ Okuma 65 Epixor reel (decent plug setup for a guy on a budget like me)
spooled with some new 30# color depth marked braid guy at store talked me into
a bunch of Al Gag's needles
new colors for Storm shads - pearl and herring
Berkley power eel (have not tried these yet)
CC pencil
4oz Deadly dick blue/silver
Spro bucks - bunker (which is not even the same color as a bunker) and eel color
Rapala Xrap jointed shad - suspending
Tackle bag
new breathable waders
korkers

I also remodified my surf rod holders w/ some new aluminum, tied them together to make a sort of station on the beach

Just some more to add to the arsenal, so what did you guys get/do this year?

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh and I bought a minnow trap last weekend that I plan on setting up at a buddy's dock, to hopefully catch some of my own EELS. His marina is in a backwater flow at the mouth of the CT river so I think it might be a good spot.

#5 ·
We're flying to DE in a couple weeks, and I needed to make sure there was going to be enough tackle for my girlfriend and I, but I didn't want to try and take it on the plane, so I decided to buy some inexpensive combos from Fisherman's Factory Outlet, and have it shipped to my parents' house. I know they're not a sponsor, but FFO is one of my favorite places to buy tackle; kind of like an online Big Lots for fishing gear. They don't always have what you're looking for, but what they do have is CHEAP. Anyway, I ordered two combos that we'll be able to cast into the surf with for $39.95 each, and some Gulp clams. After the trip I'll just UPS them home in the box they arrived in. FFO always throws in "free gifts," and this time they added another bag of clams, some swim minnows, and a bag of Gulp eels. I've also got some Gulp "sand crab fleas" (a misnomer, but that's what they call them) and peelers, so we'll be all set for fishing Indian River Inlet. I've never used any of these types of baits before. This will also be my first experience with a fish finder rig and live eels. I plan on definitely using live eels on the first couple hours of the evening or night incoming tide. The artificials I'll use mostly in around the riprap and in the ocean surf. I've been reading reports of an exceptionally good 'taug bite in the Inlet for this time of year, so I'm getting excited about this trip!

#6 ·
i got me a baitrunner 4500 and a spool of 20# fireline crystal...:love4:..im still working on gettin a good quaity rod.:whistle:...as well as the usual..hooks,swivels,florocarbon,mono...so on and so on...oh, i got some new plugs too...well kinda...i guess youd call em new...:redbiggrin:

#7 ·
I also bought a baitrunner 4500. and am working on a good plugging rod. as far as plugs go I think I am done buying them. if you know what I mean. I did get a new bait cooler though.. I glued an old cutting board on to the top to aid in cutting bunker chunks and clams. other than that new batteries for the headlamp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.