Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Hi. - from Alabama

Tags
alabama
3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Dam Drifter 
#1 ·
Hi guys.
As the name suggests, I mainly fish dam tailraces in my area. That area is northeast Alabama. The tennessee and the coosa river systems are my home waters. My friends and I sometimes fish Smith lake west of cullman (love that place). In hot weather we fish spring fed creeks on the shallow reserviors around here. We have gulf strain and Atlantic strain stripers around here as well as some killer hybrids(my good buddy caught a 19lb 5oz. hybrid at lake Guntersville). I kinda lose track of the stripe from October till February. Seems that I can't live without deer hunting either. We usually catch our best stripe here in Feb and March. So far my best is 22lb. 13oz. caught on a 5in. pearl sassy-shad. I hope to get to fish with some of you in north Al. area. Maybe you will show me some tricks and maybe(?) you can learn something from me. Enough rambling from me, see you on the river..thumbsup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.