Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Some more stuff

Tags
stuff
4K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  montauksurfcaster 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
Havent stopped in in a long while! Heres some of my new stuff!
handcarved cottton cordell wood o replica handcarve. Handcarved gills, mouth and fins

heres 2 bunker a 40s, I made 3

Heres the pink to gold transition

small bunker pikie with handcarved gills and fins

1 of 3 huge 11 in slow sinker needles. sinks flat. Also a jointed swimmer and smaller needles all have the water drop effect

im also Working on wadd needles, turned drilled sealed primed 20

heres 1 of the wadds done. this just got e texed after the pic. Came great!

1.3 oz handcarved bomber, swims pissa

heres a ittle handcarve for aprils back bays by M

heres the gills

Heres a Mahi surfster i won a skippy plug with, Ignore the line ties. Was trying to be innovaive with something but ended up taking them out. Handcarved fins and gills

Enjoy!
Nick

See less See more
#2 ·
Nick instead of using photobucket just upload them using the attachment feature edit under advanced manage attachment button

Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

The software here will automatically resize them for you too.
You can delete your other ones in photobucket i resized for you and copy them from your old posts to your hard drive to free up your photobucket bandwidth.

#7 ·
4290 will be drueling over the gill pic. ya got nothing on the black mambo..
interesting stuff there. i can see you carving out the mullet in a nice bullet shape. lipless and weighted in the nose (don't ask me why, just my excentric self talking out loud)

#12 ·
Coming out nice. Put some marine epoxy on the screw eye threads after paint. I've been working on some darters as well. I have 2 designs in the works. One that Gunny and I test swam, a prototype of, a few weeks ago and another that is going into sealer tomorrow. Both use a through wire. I found that making a small jig is the best way to cut the angles. It's a trick Roccus showed me. Jigs are your friend for repeatable results. I also found that I started thinking about making Darters over a year ago. It took a while to get to something I thought might work. I did have many that ended up as kindling. Check out http://www.highhillstriperclub.com/articles_darters.htm. It gave me the inspiration for one of the designs, that I modified for through wire. Drill through and then drill, at a steep angle through the head until you hit the through wire hole. Fill the first through hole with wood filler and sand. I also moved the front hook back slightly so I wouldn't bore through the head when putting in the swivel hole. There's not much room, so feel for when you break into the through hole and then take it really easy. If you use 2 hooks, keeping them 3 inches apart from each other seems to work well. From what I've seen of your work, you will figure it out. You are definitely smarter than your average 13 year old. Have fun with it, and don't be afraid to experiment.

BTW, the inspiration for the second design came from Roccus. I'll post when they come out of paint, and then again when they have cow stripers attached to the front hook....:banana::banana:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.