Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

My stuff is gone...

Tags
stuff
3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Jimmy Z 
#1 ·
So I was house sitting my grandmother's house while she was recovering from major surgery for while. She recently came home so my wife, 2 yr old twins and I moved at the end of February. My brother moved in with my grandmother. I did not take my fishing gear with me because since it was not time to fish I planned on getting it later... Problem is when I got there on Friday I immediately noticed something was missing...ALL OF MY STUFF WAS GONE. Everything but one naked freshy rod that DID have a reel on it. My guess is my brother or mother gave it away because they have no respect for other people's things. So now I am starting from the ground up...again. Friday and Saturday was spent stocking up on bass, trout and crappie gear. I got those first because I can start fishing sweet water now. The salt water gear is a little more expensive and since I just moved I will have to very slowly regain what I've lost. Unbelievable. Maybe I should have saved the venting for my second post...

#3 ·
#1 thanks, #2 I know lol, #3 Fishing is ALWAYS fun, even if I get skunked in the rain it's better than a good day at work, #4 I have no fishing stuff, so I don't want MORE stuff, I need stuff...lol I think I might hit up the pro bass shop next week. Crappies and bass today...

#9 ·
I had the same thing happen to me and a friend of mine. Personally I lost equipment that I had collected over the course of 8 years of sweet water fishing, all my baitcasters, spinning rods + reels, 4 fly rods ranging from 5-8 wieght, over a 1000 flies (anyone who doesn't tie there own knows how much that hurts, I lost a couple hundred that I tied myself) and of course all of my tackel bags and boxes.

I learned a serious lesson, after a big trip don't be lazy and take the crap outa your car or get screwed.....hard.

Years later and I'm no where near caught up, I'm doubtful that I will ever catch up...

Thankfully it wasn't a huge plug collection like some of you gents own...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.