Need help chosing Waders - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:22 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

Default Need help chosing Waders

Well I'm about to purchase my first pair of waders(sick of getting soaking wet and cold) and I wanted to know any opinions on stocking foot vs. boot foot. also what brands you guys prefer.

thanks for all the help

Khary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2005, 07:47 PM

i have a pair of proline bootfoot waders and like them alot..I like bootfoot over stocking foot beacuse sand can get in the stocking foot and you also have to purchase wading boots sepretly.in my opinion bootfoot for me..Its up tp you with what waders you chose and you get what you pay for but the proline neoprenes hold up well and are worth the money. Also how much you planning to spend???
Old 10-31-2005, 01:49 PM
First Mate
Pro Staff

thanks for the reply I'm looking to spent a little over $100.
Khary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2005, 02:44 PM

I've been wearing ProLine Stocking foot breathables for a few years now and they've been fine by me. I'm fairly tough on waders too - long walks, barnacle encrusted rocks, leave em in the truck 24/7, never wash em ............ (Can't comment on boot foot - no such thing as bootfoots that fit my superwide feet)
I get a spring a fall and another spring before they start bleeding (and stinking ). I could probably treat them with that stuff you use in the washing machine but for around $90 a pair I figure they don't owe me anything and I just get another pair. The warrantee is one year.

Did get one pair that were duds, bled through right away. ProLine had another pair to me in a week.

I have em paired with Simms Freestone studded felt wading boots. Great boots for small money (I got mine on sale for $60) I haven't needed korkers since I got em and that counts fishing on the snot rocks at Montauk! They are a bit heavy but I consider it a fair trade off. I have some spots that entail a long walk with sand to fish in the middle and rocks to climb at the end. Carrying korkers around is a PIA and more than once I've gotten lazy and been on those rocks sans spikes - not a smart thing to do. Better slightly heavy boots to risking a cracked skull.