Cooperative angler Program - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 03-12-2015, 05:16 PM
wellsley

Default Cooperative angler Program

Hudson River Cooperative Angler Program
A Hudson River angler with a striped bass
Calling all Hudson River anglers! The NYSDEC Hudson River Fisheries Unit is looking for help monitoring our striped bass population. The Atlantic States Fisheries Commission requires each state to run a Cooperative Angler Program (CAP) to help collect statistical data useful in estimating the size of striped bass stocks. Anglers volunteer to keep a fishing logbook throughout the striped bass season (March 16th -November 30th). We send each participant a logbook at the start of the season, and they record date, time, general location, and catch during fishing trips on the Hudson between the George Washington Bridge and the Troy Dam. At the end of the season, anglers receive a summary of all the information from the returned diaries. If you are interested in participating, or know someone that might be, please contact [email protected].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2015, 11:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cooperative angler Program

I thought this ended when the person that ran it (kris?) left? Did someone else start it again?
Old 03-13-2015, 08:30 AM
Winning !
Pro Staff

I did this program for a few years. Pretty easy stuff, just log your catches and send book back in at end of season.

@ANSKY - funny you mention that because I never got my book last year ?? And yeah, Kris used to send end of year summery based on all the data collected, didn't see that either.
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2015, 10:26 AM
First Mate @ Ace Charters

I got the e-mail yesterday ... here was the contact info.

Whether you catch-and-release or take home a keeper, you can be part of the Cooperative Angler Program. Join today by contacting Jessica Best by phone at 845-256-3009 or via e-mail [email protected].
Old 03-13-2015, 02:07 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbrian View Post
I did this program for a few years. Pretty easy stuff, just log your catches and send book back in at end of season.

@ANSKY - funny you mention that because I never got my book last year ?? And yeah, Kris used to send end of year summery based on all the data collected, didn't see that either.
I did it for two years, specifically so that I'd get the books, and never got any books.