2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here) - Page 20 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

yes liver finally. this is one of my favorite baits for stripers because it is cheap easy to get and works. try putting it in panty hoes. make a ball slightly larger than golf ball and smaller than a base ball. perch cant steal it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 06:09 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleOfGold View Post
Went out today from 6-3, hoping for some catties with the boy. The setups were some 8-9' rods 2/0 circles and livers on slip rigs. And what do you know hook into a hog of a striper. Get her about 10ft from shore and she breaks me off on a screeching run. keep in mind i have 30lb braid. No fish but a great story
yeah man! see that's why you need your yak- she would have just pulled you around LOL!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
yeah man! see that's why you need your yak- she would have just pulled you around LOL!
Yeah true maybe you can teach fishy to swim you back to the boat ramp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Striper Hunter

The liver was in panty hoes. I wan't intentionally trying to catch stripers hahaha. And Rob I know alls im waiting for is the perfect yak to come on craigslist lol.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM
chemteacher

Little chilly starting at 6:30 this morning. Beautiful day on the water. Tons of perch below the CBB with only two 12" stripers and one nice 8-9lb cat. Are there still stripers to the north?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoleOfGold View Post
The liver was in panty hoes. I wan't intentionally trying to catch stripers hahaha. And Rob I know alls im waiting for is the perfect yak to come on craigslist lol.
A guy on another forum just found one (not on craiglist- a little old lady was selling- it was a 13' 2 seater with paddles and pfd and everything- $35!!!! can you believe it???
Old 04-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Striper Hunter

I would love a 2 seater. Me and the boy or a friend could go out. I need to land me a nice striper soon
Old 04-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Official Member

Have the strippers reached the Easton area of PA?
Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Striper Hunter

spoke to a friend who has been fishing the rocks at shark river. Said the stripers are showing up in good numbers. I dont know if this means it is winding down on the river ir not.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Sunday report: got out late and fished til 9:30pm started off slow but as it got dark the bite turned on. Drifting with eels got the biggest well after dark 35". 3 slots on clams drifted along with eels. 29" & 30" on bunker chunks before dark. 6 cats all on live chubs All over 5lbs.
Monday report: off water at 10pm. Was slow going started at 3pm didn't land a fish til 5:30 but I didn't move within this time frame. Had a first time striper fisherman on board and wanted to fish this one hole hoping to put him on a pig but it wasn't to be had here for him tho not from lack of trying he missed 2 decent runs but couldn't hook up. I did manage 3 slots all in half hr. On salt herring Then we moved around a bit and as it got dark it got good again. Bout a 1/2 hr before dark all four rods went off and we both got on slots (his first ever bass) then he began bailin them while I lost 2 decent size fish and only landing 1 bass 34" bunker. By nights end he caught up with 4 slots all on salt herring and one really nice 28" bass on bunker head tht had an extremely fat belly bulge.(riverbass)lol. He also had 1 perch tht was close to 2 lbs prob 15" biggest I ever seen. He's already texting me for another trip lol he's hooked already. Good 2 days. Yes not any huge fish but I did notice spawning happening tonight on the surface on 2 different occasions. I'm
Not convinced it's over I'm checking another section of river mid-week. Ending? Idk my numbers r ok maybe no cows but still good fishing bays and beaches gone a have to wait a Lil longer.

Last edited by mu fish; 05-01-2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Didn't finish report earlier
Old 05-01-2012, 03:35 AM
Striper Hunter

Thanks Mu- I hit Raritan on Saturday. Windy as a muther ..... Fished for about 4 hours with no luck just had a striper come up and give the fin and went back down. I hear they are back into the area up north now and was wondering how the river was doing. I am going to try and get out one night this week maybe friday as I am busy with work through Thursday. I am hitting cape may on saturday...oh too much to do not enough time.

Mu, do you think it's too late for T&W on the D?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Striper Hunter

My wife and I went out yesterday (Monday) and caught 2 slots and she caught two eels at the Rancocas creek the 2 slots were caught on Bunker and she got the eels on clams. It was her first time on the D and she had fun until the sun got hidden by clouds and the wind picked up.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:47 AM
Striper Hunter

The wife and i where at the rancocus yesterday as well. we caught a lot of shorts 12-15 inch fish on clam in the morning, nothing on herring at all. The best thing that happened was we ran out of clam, cause this time i brought some bass rods. we picked 3 good slot fish and 1 over 30inches under a few area bridges.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Striper Hunter

has anyone been fishing non tidal portion of river. I have not seen any stropers up my way and shad are still here.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Official Member

Holy sh**, one hell of a thread. Thanks for the wealth of knowledge. I'm staring at the big D right now and its taking every ounce of my willpower not to say the hell with work and go chase some stripers. I'm above Lambertville and with any luck will contribute a report or two to this awesome thread.