2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here) - Page 19 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

this is what i was trying to say about the regulation. You feel like you are always missing somthing and it makes the day less enjoyable. There is not a problem that are goverment cant vote on and make worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 02:41 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrys View Post
Sorry I have to agree with you guys that is a dumb a$$ statement. I really don't care what hooks you use, But offset circles are not legal in New Jersey and I thought you might like to know.
I launch from Pa I have Pa Licence and am registered with various agencies. I do my best to follow the guidelines and protect our fishery. I use both in line an off set circles I have not gut hooked more than 3 fish in past 3 seasons an the ones I did had hooks removed with very little stess put on te fish.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montauk View Post
mufish, are you sure his wife is ugly? Because i thought you should make an ugly woman your wive if you want to be happy for the rest of your life. Agh the pitter patter of a 200 pound womans foot steps on the floor. I am feeling somewhat happier allready.
Lol good one u sound jus like my brother but I'm of the belief tht if u swing it right the baddest chicks fall right in line and keep u happy for the rest of ur life. Headig out Tomm morning. Catchem up guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Official Member

have they made it up to the easton-belvidere area yet?
Old 04-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

I apologize for the rude post I'm not a bad dude especially when it comes to chasing Stripers I'm kinda of a saint lol I'm their follower so maybe I'm an apostle but I was offended and lashed out again my apologies this been a fun year and I'm glad I've been blessed to share it with u guys. But lol it ain't over yet.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
so.......any fishing reports fellas?
Yea really hasn't anyone been out this week?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Striper Hunter

Mu they have u
Old 04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
chemteacher

Been fishing below CBB all season. We have had a few decent days, but nothing consistent. My friend caught his second 40" striper on Wed in DE water. Went out again yesterday from 4-7:30pm. The weather and conditions were perfect, but we caught nothing but perch and a few cats on bloods. Only marked a few decent fish, but no action. Anyone else been fishing this area?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Striper Hunter

Ill be going out tomorrow idk where yet though, probably gonna chase some cattys because I cant seem to consistently catch any fish at Palmyra cove. Maybe try out a new spot .
Old 04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
chemteacher

We are heading out early Sunday AM to fish the end of the high tide until ?? Hoping to find some more cows. The water temp has been 57 so I don't think all the fish have spawned yet.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOKEMAN View Post
Mu they have u
Nah bro just love to fish learn and interacwith others tht have the same passion. I'm not hear to argue back and forth this thread is jus to catalog my spring and share with other my experiences and knowledge and meet some good ppl along the way
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Something I jus want to note : every year around this time most ppl are using river herring and they r almost certainly the main forage for mature bass tht move up river. If there has been a drop off in numbers I think I would be more incline to say tht clams bunker salt herring are all well known forage for bass but at different times of the year each of them have a time and place and right now the herring r the time and place bass will key in on this while bypassing something tht seems outa place.
Also the eel migration has jus begun in the last week or so I jus can't see a reason the bass would jus drop and leave.
Jus an odd thought it gets a Lil more detailed in my head lol but maybe u catch my drift. I love trying to figure these bass out.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:04 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katracker93 View Post
have they made it up to the easton-belvidere area yet?
not that i know of. as of last saturday i got zilch at bulls island and the only action i saw where shad being caught. a fsherman who was pursuing shad caught 30 but no herring. the shad run started early this year, which i thought the herring and strioers would also but that doesnt seem to be the case. find the herring and that should be a good indication of stripers in you area. i am south of you and as of yet no herring.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Striper Hunter

we are both working this weekend so it looks like will will be out early monday morning and fish all day. with the temps down a few degrees we decided to try baitfishing one more time. no more bloods though to many perch, will be working with clam and herring in the ussal spots. will keep you guys posted how we do.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Striper Hunter

Went out today from 6-3, hoping for some catties with the boy. The setups were some 8-9' rods 2/0 circles and livers on slip rigs. And what do you know hook into a hog of a striper. Get her about 10ft from shore and she breaks me off on a screeching run. keep in mind i have 30lb braid. No fish but a great story