2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here) - Page 15 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

mufish, i was being lazy with my typing. I was just trying to say that north of trenton there are no tides. There fore you are just dealing with current. If you are in an area with a tide you may plan your locations based on a tide. Example fish the mouth of a trib. On an outboing tide, this spot may not produce on an incoming tide. I was under the impression that he was new to fishing the river so i was trying to keep it simple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Oh ok jus wondering I'm getting into yak fishing this summer jus thought maybe it was something more to it lol Tks
Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmedina View Post
Thanks Mu Fish. You are a wealth of knowledge. Like I said, lets get that yak in the water. You dont really want to wait till the summer do ya????
Yea I think If I'm a take a drink while I get accustom to it I might as well do it when water warm to at least 60. Lol but in the spring I really love my Lil aluminum even tho it's not fast or big its my personal therapist and it gets the job done if I ever get a bigger engine It would be big trouble for big Stripers lol Would love to join u out there but I'm jus not ready to launch yet anyway.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Robmedina I'm obsessed with striper fish them all year I could go crabbing or flounder cause my pop loves it and I'll be targeting Stripers one way or another its the only fish I chase for 10 months a year on average even tho last fall kinda jus ran into spring for me. If I fish 40 hours a week I have studied or researched something pertaining to bass for prob nearly double tht time. 1-2 hours a day it's a given I'm doing something related to learning about Stripers.
The first thing an ole salt told me after I caught a 36" bass for my first ever striped bass period on my first ever trip for striper but also from the surf on a live eel in a clear bright oct day, he said(never forget it),"I've always said u got to put ur time in for Stripers but here u are first fish on wht? ur third or forth cast?" I said yea and it's my birthday today! He told me, "oh u were made to catch Stripers".
True story ill never forget it didn't know the man and couldn't remember him if he was next to me but going on only my 6th year fishing for Stripers and only 4 years exclusively I actually believe him and have believed him for many years. So most of my free time is devoted to these wonderfully strong top of the chain inshore fish. I'm still not done so much more to learn and understand. So many others who have fished so many years beyond me have so much more knowledge and experience I'm jus a beginner compared to some of them especially with guys of the likes of @Striperjim who prob taught me half of wht I know these guys r the wealth im jus the middle class lol
I'm jus thankful I have someone to share this seasons trips with it's a fun ride so far and it's jus getting good. Tks bro catch'em up!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Striper Hunter

cool man, well it is great that you are willing to share that knowledge! And although my kayaking knowledge is not comparable to your striper knowledge, I am pretty proficient and knowledgeable about kayaking. Any info I could help you with, just ask.
I am going to try and get out on the river tomorrow after work. Not sure where i will put in at. Either palmyra cove and hang around the bridge or in delanco and paddle towards hawk island and the mouth of the cocas. Hopefully we get some reports that affirm these areas.
I just went to cabelas yesterday and picked up chest waders and wading boots- now I can have a nice warm dry ride!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Ever thought about a wet suit? Ad go with ur first choice. Don't worry about the barge even tho I'm not sure if it's still there but tht area is hot right now friend of mine did well yesterday while I was unable to get out. I might be out Tomm morning not sure yet. This my last 6 day week of work so I'll be on the river more here coming up
Old 04-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Striper Hunter

No wet suits. That would be a horrible sight for starters and I would rather have dry wear especially when it is cold out.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
go with ur first choice.
I will be going tomorrow morning!
Old 04-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Not I working double now Tomm. Skitzen right now I guess Im looking at sat morning and all day Monday Sheez good luck to everyone be safe and Catch'em up!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Striper Hunter

man it was foggy as get out this morning. I saw a couple boats anchored. got back to launch area saw guys on the beach fishing. Then by the bridge saw some surface activity, I threw a top water right in the mix and nothing, then I tried a swim bait- nothing. I have a lot to learn about Stripers.
Oh well it was still nice being out.
I only went out for a few hours because I am SUPPOSED to be working...LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-20 07.36.38.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	15917  
Old 04-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

I like it like it alot. At least u got out i been at work all day. Fog is a great time for bass u will get them keep at it. What were u throwing? Next time instead of a top water plug try a sub surface glider. Sometimes jus a few inches under the water is all tht matters. Have u tried target live blueback herring lure yet?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Striper Hunter

has anyone tried the powerbait shad lures? 3 bucks at walmart for four pack. Figured i would buy em.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
I like it like it alot. At least u got out i been at work all day. Fog is a great time for bass u will get them keep at it. What were u throwing? Next time instead of a top water plug try a sub surface glider. Sometimes jus a few inches under the water is all tht matters. Have u tried target live blueback herring lure yet?
Well actually the thing I was throwing would "walk the dog" just under the surface. If you twitched it hard enough it would pop out of the water like a bait fish being chased. Kind of neat lil thing. sort of like this
other than that i now have...wait for it.....THREEm yes 3 bucktails, LOL! ANd I have about 5 tube and worm rigs..... yeah I dont have much.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Striper Hunter

I also got a package of 4- of these.