Cows r coming home soon!!!! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:52 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Default Cows r coming home soon!!!!

Few more weeks now they'll b coming home. I recorded my first striper of season on march 6th a short but action picked up big by march 19 so I'm counting weeks now. Reminder: get that gear checked greased and ready it's gone a b a good year. I'm gone b out there come march first water temps will dictate weather I'm down the bays by the power plants or at home on the big D, so we'll see. But I'm getting pumped. I miss the river it's been months since I been on it for stripers. Time to have a ball again.
Lol today I was fishing a spillway in 19degree weather and wht happens to start washing through the dam? About 100 or so gizzard Shad and alwives. I was going nuts scooping them up thinking about stripers I left them out in the plain air and they basicly flash frose so i got either some secret special bait come early spring or at least I'll have a decent chum slick one day down the bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Cows r coming home soon!!!!

Be careful scooping them shad up,,its illegal in Delaware i believe.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Official Member

Gizzard shad are great chunk baits for early season bigger bluefish as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Oh yea? Blue fish? Uea I could c that! Oh and the gizzard Shad are coming out of a lake spill way (core creek) I'm taking my cast net when the waters open (closed for trout) come to find out almost all small and large lakes in southeastern pa and Nj have Shad in one form or another.
I was wondering about white pearch? Anyone every try live lining or rigging a live pearch or chunk with sucess?
Old 03-05-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Bolt
Be careful scooping them shad up,,its illegal in Delaware i believe
State of Delaware Regs =

1.0 It shall be unlawful for any person who does not have a valid commercial foodfishing license to have in possession more than an aggregate of ten (10) American shad and hickory shad at or between the place caught and his/her personal abode or transient place of lodging.
2 DE Reg. 1906 (4/1/99)
2.0 It shall be unlawful for any person to take and reduce to possession any American shad or hickory shad from the Nanticoke River or its tributaries.

State of New Jersey Regs
Page 2
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2010/digfsh12-23.pdf

Reduced Daily Limits on American Shad and Herring
American Shad Limit Reduced to Three

Herring Limit Reduced to Ten Per Day

unless purchased with receipt.

Pennsylvania Regulations baitfish
http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/summary/bait.html
The daily limit and possession limit is 50 combined species. When purchasing bait, be sure to obtain and keep the sales slip or receipt. The receipt authorizes the possession of the fishbait or baitfish so purchased for a period of 15 days after its date of issue. Fishbait or baitfish purchased from a licensed dealer do not have a possession limit and do not count toward your daily limit of fishbait and baitfish taken from Commonwealth waterways.
BAITFISH includes all forms of minnows; suckers, chubs, fallfish, lampreys, eels between 6 and 8 inches in length; gizzard shad 8 inches or less; gizzard shad 8 inches or less; and all forms of darters, killifishes and stonecats (except those listed as threatened or endangered species.

In Pennsylvania Hickory shad is listed as endangered.
http://fishandboat.com/anglerboater/...0/etpafish.htm