New moon tonight. . . . . - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Young salt

Default New moon tonight. . . . .

Who's going fishing this evening??? I am planning a fishing excursion of epic proportions, starting between 9:00 and 10:00 p.m. and continuing until the wee hours of the morning. There will be bait O' plenty ranging from sandworms, chunk mackerel, clams and my buddy is planning to float live crabs......which I've never done but hey, who am I to judge right??? I even took tomorrow off so I can leave the watch at home and fish until I am damn good and ready to leave. Sooooooooooo, again I ask, who's headin out this evening???

StriperHyper ~ Will

Last edited by StriperHyper; 08-10-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Re: New moon tonight. . . . .

so howd ya do.... new moons are for rest.. ... fish the full and down side of it.. you'll do better...
Old 08-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Young salt

I didn't do so well, caught 1 fish (20") and had a couple/few small hits but didn't land another fish. I was running 2 rods, 1 floating worms, the other with chunk mackerel and my buddy was throwing clam on one and macks on the other. I don't do too well on the full moon up here, with one exception: When the moon is full and it's an overcast night, the cloudier the better, I usually slay 'em. Nights where the pond is lit up by the moonlight I usually sit there for 4-5 hours without so much as a nibble. I have been keeping an accurate log this year so I look forward to, once the season is over, looking back and trying to establish some kind of pattern. How you been doing down there, catching nay more of those 50 lb. cows?

StriperHyper ~ Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2010, 10:28 AM
First Mate

How's the fishin been overall?It's been poor here in the Bay, the only thing I can think of is the water is too warm.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcha View Post
How's the fishin been overall?It's been poor here in the Bay, the only thing I can think of is the water is too warm.
It's been sporadic to say the least. I've certainly caught my fair share, more than I ever have, but not without a good deal of work for most of them. I haven't had a day/night yet where I've caught more than 2 fish, which is strange for mid August. There has been an influx of small fish, mid teens to low 20's, that I haven't seen in years so that's a positive sign going forward. Other than that I'm just gonna keep plugging away whenever I can and hope to latch on to a few decent sized fish in the next month and half before I hang up my waders for the season.

StriperHyper ~ Will