new moon tides... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:35 PM
First Mate

Default new moon tides...

anyone gonna try to fish the strong current on the new moon this week? i'm gonna try either tuesday night or wednesday,rest of the week weather looks iffy... i will probally have to do the 6pm-2am thing being how i have to work the next day. any ideas on best bite times? tides fall nicely right in my time slot i will say...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: new moon tides...

Would like to get out also but too busy with work and get everything planned for vacation next week. I own my own business so I have to have next week all prepared for my crew to take care of before I leave which basically means preparing 2 weeks of work in 1 week before I leave.

Good luck on the new moons. Where you headed out to?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:10 AM
First Mate

same with me if i can sneak away from work i'll be on the merrimack/joppa flats, i was actually hoping for tonight but i dont think thats happening. so now i'm shooting for tomarrow! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 07:24 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

All those fish that moved around on the full moon are now taking residence in the feeding stations created by the bigger water...

If the last 3 days are any indication of what is to come it should be good, possibly the best of the summer...Sunday , On a rare day time mid summer trip we found Bass attacking herring blitz style at 11:30 in the morning!Saturday morning found bass and blues mixed... unfortunately,after spending 2 hours getting finicky bait, the blues wiped it out in 45 minutes.. Sunday after adjusting my methods we had all the bait we could use in 20 minutes

last nights 9.9' tide had the jetties just about under water, tonights 10.2 and Wednesdays 10.6 will bury it for sure... throw in calm seas and fog and it could be hairy for some un suspecting boater...

signs of fall are already taking place, Seals have returned to the river , deer are beginning to heard up, I've seen 15 in different groups now since Saturday, the crickets are chirping in day light and ducks are beginning to flock... we Now have a hurricane out in the Atlantic... the final piece of the puzzle.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:45 AM
First Mate

so roc what are you saying? fishing good or bad?....i'm jonesin to get back out its been a few weeks. unfortunately i wont be jigging up bait, because i probally wont get there until 6pm, so i'll probally just drift some chunks till dark then start throwing serpents! lol . if all goes well i might make it back up on sunday and then i'll be in the hunt for macks...
Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

.. you'd best make hay during the week... hurricain Bill may have something to say about the sea conditions by the weekend...