Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Rain Fishing

Tags
fishing rain
5K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  1337 h4xx0r 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone does alot of fishing in the rain. Is it good or bad to fish in the rain? How about after? Or does it even matter? :?

#2 ·
Leet.
From the surf
I've fished in rain with great success. Right before a strorm or as one is clearing out have proved to be bonanzas.
They seem to like the churned up surf and oxygenated water. When the surf is too dirty and roiled it is a problem. But light rain and dreary dismal days are great for striper fishing. Probably the low light is one factor and possibly barometric pressure is another. I've heard it (barometer) is more of a factor in shallower fresher water but I havent had experience with too much of that for striper fishing anyway. Good question. Id like to hear some other opinions on it as well.

#3 ·
I fish in the rain alot. mostly because the boat traffic is less. sometimes I do really good. I never liked fishing as much after alot of rain, but before and during can be great....the fish don,t care if its raining, their already wet :wink:

#6 ·
I love fishing in the rain....the bugs are off me, the night is wicked dark, and it changes the whole outlook of the eve. if your a fisherman than you have raingear.....put it on. I also like the fresh water rinse all my stuff gets. If you plan on fishing in the rain, its awesome....if you plan on fishing and THEN it rains, your screwed.

I dont see any change in the bite either.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.