July's get together,,, - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 07-16-2007, 02:53 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: July's get together,,,

yeah...i think we were all a bit tired at that point...i would have not treked back down the cliff after climbing up...unless there happened to be a blitz of bass....then you would have seen me beet feet down that cliff at record speed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 03:19 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

I shouldnt have wasted the energy chasing that racoon up the cliff... he was a little more sure footed than I.....
Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

yup...you forgot to mention when you chased after the coon in the rocks...you must have been really hungry at 3am......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Unfortunaly A friend passed away friday night and I was unable to attend this one. Sorry Gunny I was looking forward to being able to help you set up Saturday morning.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:09 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon006 View Post
Unfortunaly A friend passed away friday night and I was unable to attend this one. Sorry Gunny I was looking forward to being able to help you set up Saturday morning.
i am truly sorry to hear that jon. let us know if there is anything we can do regarding your friends unfortunate departure. im sure he will be in our thoughts and prayers, hang in there man....there is plenty of time for fishing, you have more important things upon you, which we all understand.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Veteran Elite

Great time. Thanks for all the help gettin that first keeper. I am not smiling in the pic because it was dark and everyone had a light in my eyes. going to cook it for dinner tonight. MMM Good. I cant say enough about this group of people. Like no other I have ever meet. I cant wait to go out with all of you and others again. I just gotta figure out how to stay up all night, I am still hurting. Gunny You are the man for organizing this you even got the Great Roccus and Striper Jim to show up.Thanks for the plugs Jimi and Roc. I will be sending you some soon I just took a break from turning to write this. Sorry OSSCA that is a bummer. all I can say is get the gear fixed before august. Zim cant wait to meet you in person after all I heard. Once again thanks for everything.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi4290 View Post
i am truly sorry to hear that jon. let us know if there is anything we can do regarding your friends unfortunate departure. im sure he will be in our thoughts and prayers, hang in there man....there is plenty of time for fishing, you have more important things upon you, which we all understand.
Jim,

Thanks for the kind words, Im doing fine. Im more worried about his family. Unfortunatly having friends in the Marine line of business means I have to deal with this every now and then. Thats how life works unfortunatly. Hopefully I will be able to make the next one. Although on the bright side before I learned about that I had taken my uncle and cousin striper fishing near logan (they were planning on comming with me to the tail) and my cousin caught his first keeper 32" the smile on his face I will never forget.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:45 PM
Pro Staff

Definately a great time! Was really nice to see some old friends again and meet some new folks.

I only actually fished for about 45 min all night, but had a blast hanging out, conversationalizing, and eating some awesome BBQ.
I still haven’t slept. I had to leave about 6am Sunday morning, took the family to church, had friends over for another cookout at my house Sunday afternoon. Fished all night last night and I’ll be at work until at least 9pm tonight. Ya get used to it after a while, Smulax, lol. Just gotta keep up the coffee intake and keep moving.

Too bad there was no place to launch the kayak after all. I was looking forward to letting some of you guys try it out.

Excellent job Gunny!!!!,,, this will be tough to follow. Who took the sign home?
Old 07-16-2007, 07:19 PM
First Mate

what a great time! thought about it after i got home- fished maybe 5 hours
ate and shot the breeze the other 15 hrs and the time just flew by.
great job guys! made this newcomer feel like one of the gang. i don't remember the last time i ate so much, the chow was incredible!
i'm ready for the next one, but i think the next time i'll sleep the nite before.
did anyone get pictures of the back of roc's truck?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:05 PM

Should have seen me fighting the sandman on the ride home in the passenger seat of the Jeep......it looked rediculous hahaha.

It was great to meet everyone....i could do what we did every single day.

I have a few pictures and i'm sure a few other guys have some too.....should someone make a gallery for the outing or should we just start posting them in this thread? one thing about taking pictures.....i aint in any of them !!! Wouldn't want to break any cameras with my mug anyway hahaha.

One fish caught and the time we had couldn't have been any better. Great to see rock and jacob again, and it was awesome meeting jimbo and gunny finally.....and well, meeting the rest of you was incredible. We definetly know now, who will show everytime we throw one of these gatherings. I know rock had a great time so he'll be in. and i know that since Jim made THIS trip, he'll pretty much drag his butt anywhere we go. Jacob will always be there, gunny will be there and pretty much everyone else that was there this weekend will travel anywhere, including me. If Zim doesn't come next time....i'll make the trip to round him up. Don't make me come get ya Zim, its not a comfortable ride in the trunk.

Kudo's again to Gunny and all else involved in bringing this 1st of many events together.

Craig aka briggs

aka mastersurfcaster

Master of His Own Domain
Old 07-16-2007, 09:58 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

hey brigs..i think i got a pic with you in it..il have em up in about a 1/2 hour...i gotta mod one of em first....youll see..
Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

he's beeing a prick. have had all weekend to chop you up punk! don;t make me get jim mad at me? you better think before you strike!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 PM

O.K. I'm back.......................
I recieved 2 Emails, OSSCA and family were travelling to the gathering and were involved in an accident, In the Email he told me all are well however vehicle and gear did not fare so well.
John already posted about his tragedy and I'm sure all here wish them all the best. They were missed, and hopefully all will be well soon.
Now, I am still trying to figure out where to start.
After many years of internet sites, forums, outdoors related banter, ETC., ETC., I believe I have truly found a neighborhood of true friends and people who understand that often used but little understood word, "Friends".
Not for one minute did I feel out of place or have to make an effort to get comfortable around any one person. I never really gave any thought to the effort it took to put this together, to me effort isn't the word I would use.
I really wanted to meet, in person, the guy's that gained my respect, and have given me theirs. To be in the presence of guy's with the same, recently re-ignited, passion I have for Striper fishing. I say recently re-ignited, because the past 2 years it was a hot ember, smoldering, waiting for something to get me out of my "gotta work" funk. Flame on brothers, the gunny is ready to launch the Roc's, and 4290's weapons of bass destruction, at any and all possible times again. Dem Bassies betta get a new dentist cause I am ready to pull some teeth again.
The location was picked because of all the possibilties, "fishing", but also, maybe on a bit of a selfish note, It happens to be, in my heart, the most beautiful place on god's green earth. I guess I really wanted to share that as well.
Most of the guy's that have posted, and I am sure more will, about the events and happenings of the hours we spent, I guess i felt the need to post the less obvious.
I thank all that showed, not a single "wanna-be", or poser in the bunch.
New and old to the pursuit of the pin-striped god of fish, every one a good guy.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:20 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

the crew...zim, was there hiding in the bushes..holding out on us...bastard.

be nice zim..im not being rude.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thecrew.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	2610  
Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

i want the real pic again without the imposter in it. boy i heard you were gonna get me. sorry for the response. guess i expected the infantile approach. nice pic guy's. how true it would've been as i have the only fish