Heading out tomorrow - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 10-04-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Heading out tomorrow

I was going to head out tomorrow and just wanted to see if anyone was going to be out by IBSP or Barnegat. Haven't decided which one to go to yet. If anyone is going to be out shoot me a pm. Either way, tomorrow or thursday I'll have a report.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2005, 09:27 PM
LunkHead

jbrotz,
I'll be out Wed evening as well, around the Shark River inlet area, I was down there last night as well, it looked very fishy, but all I found were sea robins and dogfish.
The bait's here, all we need are something to feed on it....water's still warm. A friend from Belmar ( Hi Sean) just got back from Montauk, and he had a couple of very good nights up there, 50 bassies in one night, he and a buddy had the beaches all to themselves for that. Hopefully they were swimming down our way.....and they have to swim by me before they get to you! I'll try to leave you some ;)

Ed
Old 10-05-2005, 05:37 AM

I went out this afternoon 40 miles North of you guys. Dead as a cadavar. Very little bait in the water, tons of sea grass and no bass. Water is still 68 degrees. The tackle shops arent exactly putting out any glowing reports. Just "there's bass around if you work for them". No theres no Bass around. The waters too damn hot. :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2005, 07:24 PM

Well, I should have heeded the reports and not even have bothered. Went and fished the outgoing and and got the old Lost a bunch of set ups and caught a couple nice skates and sea robins. Dropped the cell in the water and it doesn't work anymore. Oh well, it's still better than working. The reports I got from the bait shop is that it is off and on. All the bass that are caught are caught at night. It's a hit or miss thing right now.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:40 PM

Joe Im not gonna even bother till the weekend when the temps drop from 80 degrees to 40. When the tackle shops say hit and miss it means mostly miss. ;) I tried hitting them with the tide at night in moving water with no luck. I wouldnt know if any schoolies are present because the bait I use is way too large. Although I slung eels for a while with no bumps. Im gonna hit an Ocean Front spot this weekend some night somewhere. lol
Old 10-05-2005, 09:20 PM
LunkHead

Default Doom and Gloom

Wow,
After the reports from Jim and jbrotz I almost feel guilty telling you guys about the 6 twinkie bass I found tonight.....all 18-20", mostly on the teaser but a couple on a pearl shad, between 5:30-7:30. My poor buddy who was fishing 10' away from me could not buy a fish....I felt bad.
Certainly not the stripers we're all waiting for, but certainly enough to get my juices flowing
Probably just a little activity ahead of the unsettled weather, I don't care why, I am just glad the damn fish showed up for a while tonight, sure improved my outlook after a few less then stellar trips recently.

Ed
Old 10-05-2005, 09:31 PM

Glad to hear someone is catching something Ed. You can keep the small one's send the big boys on down
Old 10-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

jim won't even tell me he's coming! who needs zim! excess baggage

Old 10-05-2005, 09:56 PM

:) LOL

Last minute decision Zim. After biggies I drove by the pier for a look see. Nada happening. Saw some peanut bunker poppin near the creek mouth. Scoured the spots, everyone I talked to said nothin wassup so I clowned at the usual go to spot through the flood tide. and about 2 hours into the ebb. Drove home. Still four bunker and and eel in the cooler. I dont know if the eel survived the ice melt. This weekend Ill be ready. Any time off?

By The Way .. Way To Go Ed. Dinks are a step up from blue fish and skates. :) j/k

Trust me ed I would be bery happy with some shorts about now. lol.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

may be off sat, will let you know by friday, fri. all rain

Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 PM

Well, I was thinking about heading out again Monday but with the reports were all passing on and the weather is suppose to be really bad I think I just may hold off for another week.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:42 AM

The bad weather may be the best time to hit them jetties in NJ. Its awesome right before a storm with the wash slapping the bait against the rocks. And again as it clears out. Sometimes the motherload. ;)
Break out the corkers and the rain gear.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:56 PM

According to the forcasts seas are supposed to run 8' to 11'

Jetties might not be a good idea
Old 10-07-2005, 04:47 PM

That's some rough seas. I don't need to take another dip in the water. Maybe I'll just take the day off. Have you been out at all Sudsy lately?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:04 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

I'ts all heading your way boyz.... the fish have been moving here for about three weeks, and it's hit or miss here too, I slammed em one night and had to scratch the next..... there are still alot of big fish in maine, so it will be awhile, although they often times ride the warmer water on the outside instead of runnning the coast, all that water coming out of the bay of fundy makes a counter clockwise circulation and flows down south .... the fishing should be real good after the nor'easter, all the water will be mixed, Id exchange some of our 48 degree water for your 68 right now!... On another note, I saw the most bait along the ocean front last week that I've seen in 20 years.... mostly adult pogies and juvie herring....

Tight lines
Roc