Free striped bass seminar - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Free striped bass seminar

I will be presenting a striped bass fishing seminar at West marine in Woburn mass. Thrusday May 2 @ 7:00 P.M... this is free to the public and I plan on trying to cover a little something for both shore and boat fisherman, I'll be covering information about the fish themselves, their habits and some of the ways that both shore and boat fisherman can find fish using both bait and artificials...the semenar is scheduled to be an hour long, but I was told yesterday if I run over an hour no one will be complaining...this will be an "old school" seminar, no vidios.. mno slide presentations.. just me talking striped bass and showing props ( rods and rigs) that I have used for the last 40 years...
Hope to see you there!
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Young salt

Default Re: Free striped bass seminar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus View Post
I will be presenting a striped bass fishing seminar at West marine in Woburn mass. Thrusday May 2 @ 7:00 P.M... this is free to the public and I plan on trying to cover a little something for both shore and boat fisherman, I'll be covering information about the fish themselves, their habits and some of the ways that both shore and boat fisherman can find fish using both bait and artificials...the semenar is scheduled to be an hour long, but I was told yesterday if I run over an hour no one will be complaining...this will be an "old school" seminar, no vidios.. mno slide presentations.. just me talking striped bass and showing props ( rods and rigs) that I have used for the last 40 years...
Hope to see you there!
That's awfully nice of ya Roc, wish I could make it down for that one but Thursday is kiddo night. I'm sure it'd be well worth the hour + ride, another place and another time I guess. Hope all is well, look forward to chatting more as the season approaches.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Pro Staff

Very cool, Joe! Guys, I'm sure that this would be well worth your time to attend. Roccus is a gold mine of information and any chance to hear him speak is something that I'd surely hate to pass up. Mark your calendars and plan to attend if you can!
Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Official Member

I'm in, see you there.

Thank You Very Much!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

jesus christ... a whole hour? lemme get my tomatoes ready...
someone please video this and send me the disc.....
we can talk and goof about life chit when we get together. but listening to you seriously spewing out blessings to the masses? priceless my friend... i miss you roc.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
jesus christ... a whole hour? lemme get my tomatoes ready...
someone please video this and send me the disc.....
we can talk and goof about life chit when we get together. but listening to you seriously spewing out blessings to the masses? priceless my friend... i miss you roc.
I miss you and jim both paulie...you guy's are good people... there aint enough like ya's in the world...
Old 05-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Striper Hunter

Hoping to take in your seminar Joe....See you there

~WC~
Old 05-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Striper Hunter

Thanx for a great reason to come down your way.....it was good to see you again.....Now ready for some salty action

I ended up with some supplies for restoring my boat plastic windows, a suction mount for my go-pro camera, the knowledge on how to tie my own double-hook leaders and lots of spilled over striper enthusiasm from the crowd

Thanx again for giving up your time and passing on some of your experiences and talents......

~WC~
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy-C View Post
Thanx for a great reason to come down your way.....it was good to see you again.....Now ready for some salty action

I ended up with some supplies for restoring my boat plastic windows, a suction mount for my go-pro camera, the knowledge on how to tie my own double-hook leaders and lots of spilled over striper enthusiasm from the crowd

Thanx again for giving up your time and passing on some of your experiences and talents......

~WC~
Thank you for the support.... what a great crowd.. I was told 70 plus.. standing room only... I was also told the largest crowd for any seminar so far was 17 people... I had a blast...
dont feel bad.. I've "donated" almost 4 K to them ( West marine) restoring my old skow.... I rewired it bow to stern.. redecked the rotten fore deck ( the main deck was done a few years ago)...providing sepperate anchor locker and dry storage ( that I never had).. I added a leaning post and new bait tank ( the oval one I pictured in the seminar is gone)... I added a accumulator tank to my wash down system... new topside paint.. the list is long... she'll be slip berthed some by the 15th..
Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Official Member

Thanks for taking the time to spread your knowledge. Learned some good tricks last night.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
Thanks for taking the time to spread your knowledge. Learned some good tricks last night.
your welcome... you live the next town over...I'm just over the line in Reading..
Old 05-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Official Member

We live off Park st. Grew up in Swampscott, spent a lot of summers on Conomo Point as a kid. Was able to fish the mouth of the Essex this past year and slammed em. Looking forward to a lot more fishing this year.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhat View Post
We live off Park st. Grew up in Swampscott, spent a lot of summers on Conomo Point as a kid. Was able to fish the mouth of the Essex this past year and slammed em. Looking forward to a lot more fishing this year.
I grew up in Andover... Moved to Reading .. ( Eastway) about 15 years ago... but have slip berthed my boat 2 bridge marina since the mid 80's

I fish out of the merrimack . but often take the ride south down that way... yep.. lots of fish there last season...
Old 05-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Lunker

hey everybody! i was at the seminar last night and all i can tell you is that it was incredibly good stuff. roc kept his audience enthralled with his never ending knowledge for 90 minutes and to be honest he could have kept them there for days. it was awesome! i happened to run into an old business associate (now employed by west marine) who said "i didn't know you were into fishing!" i said "a little bit but i'm here more because of joe, he's a very good friend!" larry said "he sure knows what he's talking about, doesn't he?" and i replied "absolutely no doubt in my mind he's the god of all things striper related!"
Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Striper Hunter

I really liked your leader rigging with the slider hook.....I use the same setup with freshwater leaders (Paul's Sliders) and was looking for some salty versions

2nite I'll prolly get some leader material and make a few

Thanx for showing us, You did a great job (even though you couldn't see)

~WC~