Brewster Flats - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Official Member

Default Brewster Flats

I'm going to be out at a friend's house in Brewster and am looking forward to a weekend of fishing, but I've never fished the flats before. I was thinking of trying to catch some eels the first night, then stripers the second. Is it too early for stripers on the flats? Should I be targeting blues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Catch&Releaser

Default Re: Brewster Flats

Brewster flats? You may know something i dont, but if im thinking of the area in which you are discussing, then im lost as to where to find flats out there, and if there are even any out there?
Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
swabbie

it's not too early at all. another potential good bait for those flats are fresh sand eels - you can rake 'em or buy 'em. good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 07:13 PM
Official Member

i dont think ya boi is guna buy a 120 dollar sand eel rake for 2 nights of fishing, actually one night of fishing for stripers one for eels...... but ive been wrong before lol. PM sent buddy! i'll try to help ya!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

I am pretty sure you can find fish on the flats right now with out a problem. This time of year if you wade out there or yak out there what ever often times there will be tidal pools formed and many times the fish get stuck in them like ducks in a barrel. That is a great area to fish but access is an issue due to the people that own houses on the shore line and Oceans Edge. If you have a problem go across to the sound and fish over there. Or listen to JXA1 he lives down there and knows more than I do as far as what is happening on CC currently.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Official Member

Just got back from a couple days out there....lots of fun!! Thanks for the advice everyone. Had more luck with a bomber than eels/clams...
Old 05-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Jiggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
I am pretty sure you can find fish on the flats right now with out a problem. This time of year if you wade out there or yak out there what ever often times there will be tidal pools formed and many times the fish get stuck in them like ducks in a barrel. That is a great area to fish but access is an issue due to the people that own houses on the shore line and Oceans Edge. If you have a problem go across to the sound and fish over there. Or listen to JXA1 he lives down there and knows more than I do as far as what is happening on CC currently.

He's got you beat on grammar too! LOL
Old 06-11-2010, 08:06 AM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigtheDitch View Post
He's got you beat on grammar too! LOL

Excuse me For my grammatical errors, My intellect can not compare to your red pen teach. Your contribution to this thread has made me pull out my little brown hand book and re-visit sentence structure. You my friend will always be a dangling particle(sic). Have a nice day.

Glad you had a great time Wonkaboo.