Cold Weather? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
First Mate

Default Cold Weather?

Me and my buddy are trying to get out fishing this Friday but we heard that it is supposed to be pretty chilly out where we live. Were thinking that the beach will be pretty breezy and cold as well. My question is will the fishing be good even if it is colder than average out? My reasoning is that it will be pretty spectacular fishing because it seems like the fish are arriving in rhode island en masse and there will be a front approaching so this should make the fishing great. Shouldn't it??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Cold Weather?

I would think so
Dress warm - moisture wicking long undies and plenty of layers
Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Striper Hunter

Well i went bass fishing(largemouth) in the rain this morning and caught 4 bass 12-15" and 1 large crappie between 9 and 11am. So the front turned the bite on at least for freshwater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Veteran Elite

I went out today in the freezing rain and did very well. I'll probably be out all weekend in this crap. Dress warm and water tight. The fish are pretty hungry right now and are gorging if you can find some bait.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:19 PM
First Mate

Yeah im definitely gonna be 0ut there friday night. im hoping im gnna be the only one crazy enough to be out there on the rocks in the cold. Maybe ill have all the fish to myself?
Old 10-16-2009, 02:39 PM
First Mate

Your forgetting someone...who catches all the fish?!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Lunker

Well i was debating about it..but after reading the posts... I guess I am heading out....Fall Nor easter this is the stuff they all talk about.
Anybody else going to be on the surf in Staten Is tonight send me a PM I was thinking of heading out at about 3am as the high tide is about 6am.............or am I just nuts?>????
Old 10-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

philly, snotty all night with rain "heavy at times".
the pressure will drop and now is the time to be out and fish till the weathers umbearable. call me. i can't find my phone and unless someone calls it i won't hear where it is lol. i'm into fish and although i'm done for the nite you can get em where i tell ya to go.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilie View Post
Your forgetting someone...who catches all the fish?!
ME!!! Last 4 outings have netted 23 fish. 2 weeks ago I caught my personal best at 39". Last night I broke the skunk in a special location and at the same time improved my personal best to 41"

WOOHOO
Old 10-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublerunner View Post
ME!!! Last 4 outings have netted 23 fish. 2 weeks ago I caught my personal best at 39". Last night I broke the skunk in a special location and at the same time improved my personal best to 41"

WOOHOO
Old 10-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Striper Hunter

i'm hittin the ditch in about an hour , i'm throwing on my thermals tonight , i plan on staying for both tides
and it's gonna be cold.
i,m hearing the voices right now and there telling me i'm gonna catch a 30Lber tonight
Old 10-17-2009, 10:57 PM
First Mate

Is the surf still massive??
Old 10-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Lunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
philly, snotty all night with rain "heavy at times".
the pressure will drop and now is the time to be out and fish till the weathers umbearable. call me. i can't find my phone and unless someone calls it i won't hear where it is lol. i'm into fish and although i'm done for the nite you can get em where i tell ya to go.

ZIMNO!!...LOL Now I know why u didnt answer my text message!!!....went out in the am very very high tide fished GK beach surf was and current were atrocious..trees were floating in from brooklyn!!...then tried the harbour side...water full of debris and murk from the storm...no one into fish....got worn out and went to the googan pier on Sharrotts sat on my ass and fished till 12 using clams......nada...it was good to get out got into some fish about 2 weeks ago for 3 nights...blues and bass every night, guess it wasnt going to last forever...need one more good outing before I hang it up for the year. check your PM I will resend my # in case u dont find ur phone.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

philly, the fish have not gotten here yet. the small fish have but only a few bodies of bigger fish were in and out the past week. i'm glad you guys up north are having at it. i'm still optimistic about the first week of november here. daylight savings time always throws them off. that sunday will be a daytime bite to remember if the weather pattern is not frigged up. don't know where the bait is but big bunker are now showing up. only a matter of time the big girls get on em. i hope they stick around the back bays and hudson for a while after this blow. the devils just don't wanna leave. water still on the warm side for the weather we have been having. i got my phone.lol. stay clear of the googin pier. there's no fish in that area for weeks. boy you are a glutton for punishment. talk later,

Old 10-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Lunker

Pods of very small bait in harbor on Sat eve in the murky storm water....not P nuts..look like rainfish?? spearing?