Aerator Question - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Aerator Question

On a side note;
I meant to mention most bait stores sell little tins that generate there own air bubbles.Just pull the cover off drop it into the bucket and it makes bubbles for a couple of hours,I've used these for fresh water shiners and I would assume you could try it for saltwater,you might need to use a few @ a time dependingm on quantity and size of fish also you could use this for the final transition of you trip from truck to fishing destination.
Good luck out there!

5/0
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 03:03 AM
First Mate

A plug in power invertor will be fine for you aquar. pump. Most likly a 700 watt will do. You do need to check the input for the pump, you can find voltage convertors online also that will show you the wattage you need. I have used andd sold inverters for years everything from $30 200 watt all the way past $2500 3000 watt True Sign inverters that you can run anything on. I use a 700watt plu in type to run my coffee maker and blender(yum mixed drinks with fishy ice). If you need I have a tank pump that I can try on my 700 watt inverter. Youcan even get your inverter at Lowes and HD.
The biggest thing is to change the water. I have seen some ratios of water to type of bait used and some larger bait requires upto 2 to 3 gal of water per fish without constant changes of water. I use a smaller bucket with rope to pull out wtaer as the rocks on the canel can be deadly also a bucket with hole drilled in it is nice to throw in the water and leave fish in-just make sure to tie it off.
Hope this helps
Old 06-21-2009, 03:25 AM
First Mate

I may be up there in a few weeks, I will be sure to post before we head up. If on the water we will be in a '07 21' Glastron I/O fish and ski-Black and tanish or if with my brother inlaw I think a '06 21' Trophy center console with Merc outboard. Just give me a holler and if we have room I could pick you up somewhere. Depending on the weather we will more likely be heading out to Dennis Chatham area or maybe even right out of Falmouth instead of the Canel area.