New "Sober" worm is crippling! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Information - Security - Help Center
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Information - Security - Help Center Need help with the forum? Have questions about the forum? Got an idea or suggestion for us? Also, find info on computer security & misc other goodies here.

Old 11-23-2005, 08:23 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default New "Sober" worm is crippling!

I have already received several bogus emails supposedly from the CIA and FBI, that were addressed to Jim and other non-existant S247 email addresses, claiming I have visited "illegal websites". They all had attachments, and I believe them all to be this new "Sober" worm.

Please let me remind you that we will send no such emails to our members. These are generated by scumbags looking for kicks around the world.

You may read a bit about it here....

http://apnews1.iwon.com//article/200...=home&SEC=news

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2005, 06:44 PM

I get 20 of them a day JB. It used to be 10 a week.

Of course do not open attachments unless you have antivirus software on your machine. Never open attachments if your not sure anyway.
Stripers247.com will never send anyone an atachment in an email.
These j /os just fake smpt headings and send them out as anyone. Unfortunately this has become part of the internet now. Im kinda glad they are faking the fbi and cia emails now cause they are about to pis somebody off that matters. ;)
Old 11-23-2005, 06:58 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Yeah, its not hard at all to atleast get the IP of the server the email eminated from, then they can go from there. Some people on the net are just stupid and dont realize tings can be tracked and traced back to them. Sometimes they are smart though, and bounce the emails off several different servers, but there are always ways of finding these despondent morons.