Links to affiliates - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Information - Security - Help Center
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Information - Security - Help Center Need help with the forum? Have questions about the forum? Got an idea or suggestion for us? Also, find info on computer security & misc other goodies here.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Links to affiliates

I was just wondering if supporting sites like amazon ownly give you some of the profits if it is for striper stuff. I order a lot of my books for college through amazon and it would be nice if it was supporting you guys to. If so, I'll order all my books through 247. My other question is there a link where we have all these sites we can go to to order from the different supporters here. If not, maybe we could put a link at the top of the forum to go to, to get to each site. Just an idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
I was just wondering if supporting sites like amazon ownly give you some of the profits if it is for striper stuff
No J. If you buy anything from Amazon through our site ID link we can get the profits. The affiliate profits are very minimal unfortunately but increasing however slightly. Enough to warrant using them. Boaters world, Big fish and Amazon have provided the most revenue for us. Our steady revenue comes from the google ads. These allow us to operate without going into our own pockets. it pays for hosting costs and other related stuff. T shirts and hats have been out of pocket but member prizes are from site revenue monies. Although clicks to google advertizers have gone down as visitors arent clicking them and leaving our site. which is a kind of silver lining. Ideally we would want our forum members, charters and tackle distributors to patronize each others businessess and offer site member discounts. As well as advertizing and promotion for their services. Currently I am in the process of redoing the site to maximize content organization and ease of use for visitors. Once that is established I can better maximize how affiliates will be presented. I would really only want to work with a few profitable ventures. Cabellas is currently reviewing our site for acceptance into their affiliate program. It is a slow process but steadily we hope to continue to see our daily visitors expanding exponentially :spin:
That is a very good idea to organize everything into one place. We have a category called member products and services so Perhaps I can redo the fishing related info and services category for ease of use and add the affiliate links to that. Thanks for the suggestions Joe.
Also we have adopted a policy that when implementing any changes we do it through a moderator vote so we can maximize the awesome potential that this site has. :hail:
Old 06-23-2005, 04:01 PM

Jim, If we gt cabellas that would be awsome. Cause i order so much stuff from them its not even funny. The ups man comes to my house almost daily :wtg:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2005, 04:23 PM

Yeah, Cabelas would be great, I use them alot too.

Which is probably why I have no money.
Hehehe
Old 06-23-2005, 04:31 PM

Cabela's all the way! wtg

All my fishing gear that I currently own came from the World's Foremost Outfitter. That would be a steal if you could get hooked up with Cabela's Jim. :hail:

Great thinking Mike, don't know how I forgot about good ol Cabela's.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:12 AM

Cabelas rocks, I got me the Cabelas Visa Card that earns you $$ to spend at Cabelas, already over $70 I get to spend. Oh yeah that card is issued by the Worlds Foremost Bank whick is owned by Cabelas
Old 06-25-2005, 03:32 AM

Jim, did you manage to contact Cabela's by any chance? :wtg:
Old 06-25-2005, 12:40 PM

Yes leet on June 14th. Our site is being reviewed for consideration. :wtg:
Old 06-26-2005, 12:03 AM

:cheer: !SUPER! :cheer:
Old 11-02-2005, 06:03 PM

All our affiliates are listed on top of the board.
Our site operation relies on revenue sponsorship from other fishing sites who place small ads with us. It is not very many. So to augment that we use google ads to generate some revenue. It generally pays on a cost per click basis and companies pay google a fee to place them at different sites. We recieve a small stipend for redirecting traffic to them. So you can help us a great deal by visiting these sites and taking a look at their products. Also we are a community that wants to promote business whithin our membership and one where we may all mutually benefit from. So take the time perhaps and look at the web sites and guide services our members offer. If you have a site or service you would like to promote, membership discounts are encouraged and welcomed.
We also receive a small % for products purchased online through the affiliate ads up on top of the board. So perhaps consider doing some online christmas shopping this year with these reputable and secure companies.