California Auaduct fishing - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Official Member

Default California Auaduct fishing

I see a lot of people talking about fishing the Calif Duct and I just wanted to say I have fished it with my brother for over 30 years now and yes it does take time to learn to fish it but there a lot of wonderful Stripers and Catfish in it. We prefer catching stripers but sometimes the Cats are all you can get. The biggest key is to be patient and move around trying different spots. Sometimes they bite before the pump stations, after the pump stations and sometimes in the turns is your best bet but don't give up, try different places and different baits or lures and you will be rewarded with some great fish.

Patience and peace my friends.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Official Member

Default Re: California Auaduct fishing

Which part do you fish? A buddy of mine lives my Tracy and there's a section that crosses his area. We are thinking of trying it there. What frozen baits work best for you?

Do you get skunked more than catching fish fishing the aqueduct?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Official Member

Default Re: California Auaduct fishing

I live in Lancaster (Antelope Valley Area) and I fish it all over the valley and down toward San Bernardino. Honestly the only time I buy any frozen bait is if I decide to use anchovies. I will use chicken liver at times but mostly lure fishing. As for lure fishing, it just depends on what works each time you try. Crank baits, top water sometimes in the morning, different color artificial fish lures, blue and shad colors seem to work well for me. Rattle traps, especially if you want to night fish. Its pretty much like fishing anywhere else, some days one bait works and some days other baits work. I have my best luck with rattle traps and some Rapala lures that are blue or shad color.

As for getting skunked, yes you will get skunked a lot of times. The key is not to fish one place too long. If they are they then they will hit, if they aren't there, move up or down the duct and try other spots. It takes patience, persistence and practice to catch the fish in there but it's well worth the wait and the learning.

Patience and peace my friends.