Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

What's a good tool for cutting PowerPro?

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Sudsy 
#1 ·
What do you guys use to cut your PowerPro? I have a Leatherman scissors, and they only work even decent when the line is super-taut.

Is there anything out there that can cut it when it's moderately slack?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
I am too lazy to sharpen my filet knife once it requires more than 30-60 sec a side to sharpen, so I have plenty of old knives laying around, I keep a smaller on on the boat for cutting line. Even dull the razor edge of a filet knife seems to cut right through power pro

#7 ·
Re: TOOL TO CUT POWERPRO

baitfish said:
I ALWAYS KEEP A FINGER NAIL CLIPPER HANDY,,,ACTUALLY I KEEP TWO,,,ONE ON MY LANYARD TOOL HOLDER AND ONE IN MY POCKET,,,,THEY ARE INVALUABLE,,,,TRY IT YOU WILL SEE!!
You have a fingernail clipper that cuts braid?? Where'd you find that - I want one. I must have 20 of the things and not one of em will cut braid cleanly.

Best thing I've found so far are the Fiskar Kids Scissors, Blunt-Tip, 5" Full Length, Rust Resistant Steel. They go for around $3.00 a pair and I usually get a few seasons out of them. Got one in my vest, one in my water pouch and one in each surf bag.

#9 ·
Ahh, Powerless Pro, that would be the reason.
Try it with Fireline, Superbraid or Stealth, not so good on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.