2015 Merrimack River Fishing Reports - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Striper Hunter

Default 2015 Merrimack River Fishing Reports

Heard good reports from Surfland, Crossroads, etc. so went out for the first time this past Sunday. Got a late start so didn't try and get live macks, but just tried with some dead mackerel. Gave it a couple hours around the bottom of the tide without a nibble. Trolled some umbrella rigs around for awhile - nothing doing there, either. I didn't see anyone else get any fish, either.

Pleasant day on the water, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 03:50 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Re: 2015 Merrimack River Fishing Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomarsFool View Post
Heard good reports from Surfland, Crossroads, etc. so went out for the first time this past Sunday. Got a late start so didn't try and get live macks, but just tried with some dead mackerel. Gave it a couple hours around the bottom of the tide without a nibble. Trolled some umbrella rigs around for awhile - nothing doing there, either. I didn't see anyone else get any fish, either.

Pleasant day on the water, though.
Bait and tackle shops tend to embellish reports to sell bait and gear.... most of the fish have been small around the mac...pletiful on some tides scarce on others... big fish are slow coming and few and far in-between,.,.it should get a lot better as June turns to July.. water is still VERY cold
Old 07-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus View Post
Bait and tackle shops tend to embellish reports to sell bait and gear.... most of the fish have been small around the mac...pletiful on some tides scarce on others... big fish are slow coming and few and far in-between,.,.it should get a lot better as June turns to July.. water is still VERY cold

Here, here.... I am checking water temps regularly waiting for it to reach high 50's or low 60's. I am not sure if I'm right here, but roccus, if your the joe that I am thinking of..... I have been fishing with an nh guy (Harry G) that has a bunch of your plugs. Sloped head swimmer and jointed eel are real nice. Harry wanted me to say hey. Best of luck out there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2015, 01:30 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by workhorse View Post
Here, here.... I am checking water temps regularly waiting for it to reach high 50's or low 60's. I am not sure if I'm right here, but roccus, if your the joe that I am thinking of..... I have been fishing with an nh guy (Harry G) that has a bunch of your plugs. Sloped head swimmer and jointed eel are real nice. Harry wanted me to say hey. Best of luck out there!!
River water stayed mid 60's all incoming and first few of the outgoing Tuesday night... it started to drop a little ways into the outgoing... but that is normal.. it gets better at the bottom of the tide

tell harry I said hello.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:39 AM
Striper Hunter

How's the bite these days? I haven't been able to get out in a few weeks. Last time out we got 2 undersize, and 2 legals -33" and 35".
Old 07-20-2015, 11:51 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
How's the bite these days? I haven't been able to get out in a few weeks. Last time out we got 2 undersize, and 2 legals -33" and 35".
it's been steady... I'm talking at night... don't know or care what's happening during the day... as it is a different set of "rules"... best fish last week was one in the mid "30's lbs. no weight or measurement just a crappy picture as I get used to my new camera and which settings to use..

I've been fishing both the mac and PI sound.. most "keeper" fish are in the low to mid 20lb range.. lots of 3-5lb schoolies in both locations...most nights it's 3 good fish and a dozen or so little guy's per 3- 4 hour trip...I forgot to add... I ran into a school of blue fish in PI sound on Monday... I haven't seen any or run into them since..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	24362  
Old 07-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Striper Hunter

Lousy pictures or not, you can still tell it's a monster.

Was out on Saturday. I was quite surprised as there were really very few boats out for a Saturday in July. A dark sky, but no real rain and a decent wind - but overall fairly pleasant.

Not much bass action, however. Only had one schoolie for our troubles.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:48 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Lousy pictures or not, you can still tell it's a monster.

Was out on Saturday. I was quite surprised as there were really very few boats out for a Saturday in July. A dark sky, but no real rain and a decent wind - but overall fairly pleasant.

Not much bass action, however. Only had one schoolie for our troubles.
slow last night...only 3 little fish on the drop. Didn't hang around for the incoming.. which as of late has been much better than the ebb... time to hit the beach front...

the amount of boats you see tells you all you need to know about how the fishing has been for most... I never saw another boat last night..and it was a "selling" night..
Old 07-22-2015, 04:26 PM
NukinFuts

Beautiful fish Joe, I need me one of those...lol
Old 08-31-2015, 04:14 PM
Striper Hunter

Anyone heard anything about what is going on out of the Merrimack these days? Fishing reports from Surfland and Crossroads seem pretty quiet.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:20 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

river is 75 at low tide... 65 at high... bluefish have shown on a few occasions ( east wind)... bass are hot or cold.... some days you can walk on e'm..others it's a dessert.

aside from that no ones fishing.. haven't seen a boat the last 3 nights.