Is there anybody in there? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Chesapeake Bay
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Chesapeake Bay A sub-forum for the Chesapeake Bay and all its tributaries Rockfish Rocks.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:40 PM
Official Member

Default Is there anybody in there?

I posted the same thing over in the DelMarVa forum, thought I'd see who's over in this forum. New to the Hampton Roads area and wondering what months the stripers run around here. I only live a quarter-mile from the Nansemond River, and am wondering what might be lurking out there. I'm not far from the James River and have heard that there's good fishing out there, not sure about the stripers though. Anyway, I see it's been over two years since the last activity in this forum, hope there are still folks out there who can help me out.
Thank you,
Adam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Is there anybody in there?

I'm in the same boat but northern virginia. I hear the James and Patuxent are good in the fall. I'll be kayaking the susquehanna flats in the spring for them.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:38 PM
Pro Staff

Sorry this section of the forum isn't very active. Not many members from down your way post much. Most of the fish are well north of you until the water cools and the southern fall migration gets well underway. Keep an eye on the water temps,, once they get down below 70 degrees and into the mid 60's you should have stripey fishes moving in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2017, 05:32 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Sorry this section of the forum isn't very active. Not many members from down your way post much. Most of the fish are well north of you until the water cools and the southern fall migration gets well underway. Keep an eye on the water temps,, once they get down below 70 degrees and into the mid 60's you should have stripey fishes moving in!
Thanks JakeF, appreciate the reply. Yah, I'm seeing that these are not overly active areas of the Stripers247 site. I've read reports that there are stripers in the area, but wasn't sure when to make an attempt. I'll watch the water temps as you suggested, and we'll see what happens. I miss northern striper fishing already.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:35 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apn73 View Post
Thanks JakeF, appreciate the reply. Yah, I'm seeing that these are not overly active areas of the Stripers247 site. I've read reports that there are stripers in the area, but wasn't sure when to make an attempt. I'll watch the water temps as you suggested, and we'll see what happens. I miss northern striper fishing already.
Me too!! I've been making lures in the meantime and planning the next trip! I'll be on kayak or by foot so the opportunities are pretty limited for this area but, there's always a way!