Center Console in the breakers - Video - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Pro Staff

Default Center Console in the breakers - Video

Ouch! Wrong place at the wrong time! Here's a video of a couple guys in a center console that got into some big breakers. The boat shows up about half way through the video, just after the surfers Looks like he's having trouble getting it started.

Surflne Video
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Veteran

That was a hell of a wave. I thought the guy was going out of the boat at the bow.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:43 PM
First Mate

looks kinda like my boat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Senior Member Elite

CC, I think he would have been a UFO.....launched out of the boat had he not been holding onto the rail. You can see the lower end of his body become airborne. I wonder what his lower extremities looked like after he slammed back down. OUCH!!!!

That's my biggest fear when I'm trolling the beach in some heavy surf conditions as we had during this years fall run. They we lucky that boat didn't flip over backwards when the operator finally got her going and floored it to get outa there. Hitting that breaker at that speed, just as the boat was comming down to plane, probably was not the best idea. But under those conditions, who has the time to think.

Cool video Bait, even though it will probably give me nightmares.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:17 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Good vidio, it does demonstrate just how much a self bailing boat can take, he was lucky, at one point he was broached and could have bought the farm, vidio's like that bring a chill to my spine, I put one on the beach many many moons ago,the seas were too big for a 16'er, but the fishing had been good, well after being pushed inside the breakers on the inside of a bar I started the motor to get out, as I powerd over the bar the drive shaft snapped leaving me helpless ,the next wave broached the boat,rolled it and sent me swimming... it twernt fun!

while fishing the beach this fall i got a reminder, a ground swell came out of no where on an otherwise flat night, laid her right over on her gunnwhale,thankfully she's a beamy old gal, and heavy too, she rode it out and i got the #*!! out of dodge.. one can never be too carefull!
Old 11-12-2005, 11:12 AM
Veteran Elite

Default 10 most likely things to be yelling at captain.........

Gave me goosebumps! Wonder what the guy in the bow was saying to the guy at the the helm? :)
Could make a 10 most likely things to say to the captain at a time like this:
10. Want to get away?
9. Let's watch that surfboard intro again, do what he's doing.
8. It'll be a great video on AFV.
7. I'll murderize ya!
6. I'll need to eat breakfast again.
5. Breakfast!
4. Smells like crap out here.....
3. Chum, not Jump!
2. Do I hear music?
1. Is this why no one else will go out fishing with you anymore?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:44 PM
First Mate

Default PB big seas last sunday out of Sheephead Bay

Should have hit that wave at a 45 or at least not straight on once he got that motor started. I was out on the Captain Dave out of Sheephead Bay in like 30kt winds (picked up after noon) last week in 8 footers w/ occasional bigger guys....my friend (1st time fishing), the poor guy, went green after about an hour...we stayed out longer than all of the other PB's but finally it got too bad....Lots of sick people going into the cabin...bad move, keep your eyes on the horizon...didn't get sick b/c I'm use to salmon trolling huron in 6 footers in my father's 21' boat. I stayed outside b/c i did not mind the water b/c i had on a rain suit and that was better than being inside the cabin with miserable looking people. The captain did a great job of weaving back and forth on the way in...We could have been bounced around a lot more, though i saw two big waves completely crash over the bow even in that big PB with the Captain's weaving...I imagine some guys lost their gear as I saw a bunch of stuff wash from the front end of the boat to the back as two huge waves rushed crashed over the bow...Me and this other guy outside just picked up our feet so as not to get hit by the crap. I then ran to the bow to get my rods/reels get ruined by the salt or tossed over quickly before another wave would crash over the bow and send me flying.

Old 01-07-2006, 06:22 AM

Bait that was Jason Murray, former Photo Editor for Surfer Magazine when he stalls out and gets caught inside at the Boost Mobile Pro. When he gets the engine running again he revs it full speed, hits a wave full face and catapults his assitant skyward!
Old 01-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Pro Staff

Cool Jim! I wondered if it wasn't a camera crew for the surfing competetion or something.