Upcoming fall run - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New York
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New York New York Bight - Raritan Bay - North and South Shore - Eastern Long Island -Captree - Shinnecock - Moriches - Montauk - Jamaica Bay - Staten Island - Western Sound - Long Island Sound The Hudson River

Old 10-27-2013, 06:12 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Upcoming fall run

Chris,

I'll be hitting up SI November 6th. Either Ocean breeze or sharrot avenue pier. What's the island producing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 05:06 PM
First Mate

Nothing going on at all yet. Few schoolies but nothing to write home about. Hopefully they will be here soon.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:41 AM
First Mate

It's the right spot at the right time. My son came down from Mass. with a friend and met me and his brother. The 5th fish on Saturday put us over 100 lbs. For the next two times out.......0. Look where I live.......AND....I think my luck went home to Massachusetts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 07:15 AM
Wellcraft V20 w/ 150HP OceanRunner

Talking Re: Upcoming fall run

Looks like it might be starting to pick up over here on Staten Island. It is hit and miss but if you hit, it is great. Going out again today and give it a shot. Plenty of bunker around, and I think that may be part of the problem. We will see. I will report back on today's outing. Wish me luck!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 AM

Thumbs down Re: Upcoming fall run

Well, I made it out on Sunday and boy, did we get pounded by high winds and rough water. Sorry to report, I caught Zilch. Only thing taking my bait was the crabs. Guess I gotta keep trying. Boat has to come out soon though.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Striper Hunter

i have been shore casting around the Jamaica Bay and only caught schoolies, what a bad fishing season no keepers as of yet, but that wont stop me i'll be out there tonight throwing a few lines hopefully i get some action. Goodluck guys and gals!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Official Member

Hi Chris, I was reading all your posts and reply's. I'm new to this site, but not new to Staten Island fishing. Had an OK spring, but here it is November and it seems it's going to be a typical Staten Island Fall. No Fish. I admit I don't fish as much as I used to. There was a time I was good for 4-5 days/nights a week. Now I'm down to 1-2 if I'm lucky. The one constant these past 10 years is the lousy fall runs. Seems there's
no peanut bunker and a small mullet run if any. I now fish plugs and swimmers primarily as I don't have time to hunt down fresh Bunker anymore. I don't have much of a "network" of fishing buddies, and there
are no real reports to read of. It seems Staten Island is really dead. I've
read the Jersey surf reports and they are doing fantastic down by
Seaside and Island Beach Park. Any Action out here?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:22 AM
little Bobby

Hey john the past few years the fall run on Staten island have been pretty bad . in the fall the only place to fish is the north shore and even then its far and few but keep trying ur honey hole you never no good luck out there
Old 11-21-2013, 02:25 AM
little Bobby

Hey Chris we better catch fish this weekend. You making me get up so early
Old 11-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Official Member

Thanks, I noticed you guys were heading to Island Beach. I was all set to go but I read on Betty and Nicks Page it went dead today. They had a fantastic 4-5 days this past week. I was psyched to go now I'm not sure.
It's a hike from S.I. somewhat. I don't get it maybe the fish shutdown for a day, the weather is changing Sunday. The fish should be chowin down .. I don't know i'm on the fence.... Good Luck.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Official Member

My bestest buddy JohnnyMidnights or as I like to call him Gloomy Gus lol!!! has forgotten that the once a week guy hasn't a clue whats going on out there.True Staten Island doesn't have consistent action or any online reports about whats going on but you cant catch fish sitting on the couch.Its like Lotto,you gotta be in it to win it.Great Kills harbor was loaded with bunker as of 3 or 4 days ago but not many fish on them and we have both become Pluggers primarily in the fall which limits you to specific times of the tides to fish....low outgoing to early incoming as compared to when we both bait fished tide to tide years ago and with that much time fishing you had a better understanding of when the fish were hitting.Still holding out some hope that the fish will make there way back to make their swim back up the Hudson and grace our shorelines with there presence.Praying the weather rebounds and warms up a bit cause pluggin when its 30-35 degrees is tough.....
Old 11-26-2013, 09:55 AM

My friends have been having some luck on the outgoing tides ONLY..might want to give it a shot.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:12 AM
Official Member

Thanx Salty will try to give it a shot.The background in your pic looks like Lorreto
Old 11-27-2013, 08:33 AM

It is!! Great spot to fish too.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Official Member
Pro Staff

Hi
just saw this post so i guess ill chime in. This fall on the south shore of long island was the best since 09 and as for quality fish the best in memory. Had so many 20+ lb fish and for a solid month did not get a fish under 15#. Tried to follow them to jersey but the bite never really came together in jersey this year.
Mike