Shimano Teramar...I need some advice - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Rods And Custom Rod Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rods And Custom Rod Building Discuss on fishing rods & on custom rod building here. Saltwater and freshwater Rods

Old 05-31-2012, 08:43 PM
(formerly brian21johansen)

Default Shimano Teramar...I need some advice

Hey guys,

Im gonna be picking up a shimano teramar in the next week or so for fishing out here in California. I would like to put my Daiwa Sealine 20 on the rod and hope to use it for stripers when I come back home.

The model that has been suggested to me by a ton of guys is the Shimano Teramar 76MH.

Do you guys see this as an ideal outfit for any type of fishing in New England? I reallu wanna get this model but if there is something similar that would b better suited for East Coast fishing I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Brian
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 09:43 AM
(formerly brian21johansen)

Default Re: Shimano Teramar...I need some advice

No Shimano rod experts here? Well I suppose that because its a west coast rod some may not be familiar with it. I will buy it anyways but i was hoping that i could get some positive feedback on it and know that i wouldnt be wasting my money on a rod thay couldnt somehow be used in MA for some type of fishing.

In particular i wanted to know how people like the TC4 blank.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Official Member

IF it helps, Larry Dahlberg seems to love the heavy action SE Teramar for all sorts of game fish -tarpon, stripers , musky , etc ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 01:28 AM
NukinFuts

I use a Teramar, also a 7' 6" model MH i believe, rated to 1 1/2 oz, color is like a marbled green I believe, maybe even a dark green.
I used this rod pretty much exclusively this year, have caught many fish on it. I love it, and would highly recommend it.