where to fish in Western LI sound? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New York
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New York New York Bight - Raritan Bay - North and South Shore - Eastern Long Island -Captree - Shinnecock - Moriches - Montauk - Jamaica Bay - Staten Island - Western Sound - Long Island Sound The Hudson River

Old 05-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Striper Hunter

Default where to fish in Western LI sound?

I normally fish the Hudson up near Kingston for Stripers but the run is over and I'm not ready to give up fishing.

Being that I've never fished the sound before I'm looking for some guidance on a location to launch my boat. I have a 17' runabout that I know is a fair weather vessel and would like a launch fairly close to fishing grounds. I'm not set on Stripers only so this may open up some additional options.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: where to fish in Western LI sound?

Norwalk..not western sound but a heck of a lot more action and places to launch! Good luck!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Striper Hunter

being I have relatively small boat my concern is fishing grounds be fairly close to launch sites in case of rough seas....... how is the Norwalk area for conditions,what is the preferred wind direction for best.fishing conditions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 04:33 AM
GNU/Linux Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTime View Post
Norwalk..not western sound but a heck of a lot more action and places to launch! Good luck!

It has more action that the Western Sound?