Arizona Fall/Winter Striper Fishing - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Arizona Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 12-05-2010, 10:45 PM
CJ 007

Default Arizona Fall/Winter Striper Fishing

Hi all, I live in the Metro Phx area near Lake Pleasant. It's a resevoir and the striper fishing is very good. Prob is, from Sept thru March it is tough to fish and I still want some Striper!!

The water drops about 50 ft by end of summer and changes fishing. Here is a site http://www.pleasantharbor.com/index.cfm?v=water_levels with water levels and temps if anyone can look at and let me know thoughts. On left of page can chose the month up to a year.

When full is about 160-180 ft at its deepest point. The S end is a dam and water is pumped in from the colorado river. The N is fingers from runoff with the finger farthest N/E being the Agua Fria River. I read they move up to the mouth of the river to spawn when water hits a certain temp.

So here are some questions. Any idea of depth for a thermocline in this lake in winter? Is there one? Will they tend to be in the deep middle most of the day or near steep drop/cliff walls? I seem to get lots of soft bites for about 30 min at dusk. I can access lots of points and depth.

I mostly fish anchovies from the bottom and some lures. I have great luck most of the year.

Sorry for the book, any input is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Arizona Fall/Winter Striper Fishing

Hello rob777,

Unfortunatley not many Az. anglers use this web forum. Most in Az. use azbasszone.com.
I,m going out this weekend to troll for striper at the north end of the lake , Ill post our results if they are good.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 AM
lowerjon

Last edited by Striperjim; 04-12-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: deleted spammer account