North Shore Kayak Fishing - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Official Member

Default North Shore Kayak Fishing

Hey guys, about 5 years back we stumbled upon this forum and can attribute much of our initial success surfcasting from the information and tips we picked up here. My wife and I primarily fish Plum Island are completely hooked on these fish. After a few years of considering it, we finally put in an order for two O.K. Trident 11 Angler Kayaks…we should have them in a week or so.

I’ve done a lot of reading about slow trolling live eels and tube-n-worm rigs so I’m psyched to try it out. I see lots of kayakers out on Joppa Flats so I know that we can try there for sure, but there doesn’t seem to be much for rocky shorelines around PI.

I can take replies offline, but can anyone possible help point us in the direction of some spots on the North Shore that might be ideal for beginner kayakers with smaller size SOT kayaks with a rocky shoreline? I’ve found many resources listing public launches or boat accesses on the North Shore, but all will be new territory for us.

From a couple of young die-hard’s with lots to learn, we really appreciate any help you can give us. Thanks a lot!

Scott & Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: North Shore Kayak Fishing

When I first go to a new spot, i go at low tide and scope out the area, and then look for structure and eddys, I just try and get a general feel for the area, and i usually feel way more comfortable going back with all my gear catching striper.

Also everyone tells me to keep a log, might be a successful factor on doubling your amount of stripers next season, for you and your girl.

Good Luck

Ps.. I wish my girl would go kayaking for stripers with me!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Pro Staff

Hi Scott,
I've never kayaked up in that area, but did want to welcome you in from the lurking shadows. Best of luck to you and Dawn. Stay safe!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Official Member

Thanks guys...yeah, we enjoy the time we get to spend fishing a lot, definitely fortunate in that respect. But hey, she wasn't into fishing when we meet, something addicting about a big fish tugging back!

Yeah, if anyone has a suggestion of a relatively sheltered area to try out we'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Striper Hunter

>>>