Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 21 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 07-13-2014, 01:46 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Went out this morning. Caught 3 stripers, few bites, not much action today hopefully this weekend evenings will be better. I guess no water flow = no fish. I was spoiled last year when I used to catch a min of 10 to 12 fish each trip
Use to curse the flow a few years ago when all I used was bait. When I go after work I usally get to the water as quickly as possible and the bait stores are way out of the way when using a 30 minute window of time to fish in.fished the mendota at grantline a couple of days ago no flow but a couple of nice fish at 17 and 18 inches. Missed a few bites and landec a large mouth about 10 inches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 06:48 PM
Striper Hunter

Same old, same old Caught 3. Way to warm I believe, plus none to little water flow. Guess I'll keep plugging it. Some is better then none
Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 PM
First Mate

No chance to fish today forgot to load the pole into the car. Will try lures and the minnow trap again tomorrow .heading a little south with my bro.102 degrees with rain today in tracy, felt like missouri in the summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 03:22 PM
First Mate

Talking Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

Great day of fishing south of Tracy . Water was flowing and for the first 15 minutes it was all fish on or bites .temp was around 95 degrees.and the water flowing over the side gates at a fast rate with main gates almost all the way down. Total of 15 to 20 fish for an hour and a half.
Old 07-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Great day of fishing south of Tracy . Water was flowing and for the first 15 minutes it was all fish on or bites .temp was around 95 degrees.and the water flowing over the side gates at a fast rate with main gates almost all the way down. Total of 15 to 20 fish for an hour and a half.
AWESOME!!!! Go and play the lottery. I'm going to try to go out tomorrow morning before work. Where south of Tracy were you?
Old 07-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Striper Hunter

Thanks for the tip Barn. Caught 5 today, my first 20"+ biggest was 22". Water flow stop and so did the fish. Nice to catch bigger fish which put up a pretty good fight.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:00 PM
First Mate

Nice catch , what kind of lure were you using.I used the swim shad last time .That area has some big fish and the biggest we have caught there were not at the gates.Chicken liver for the big ones, having a two pole tag works great at this place.The Farm is on its way to getting fished out , some of the guys from work have been out there and seen cooler loads of under size striper being hauled out by the same two poachers.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:40 PM
Striper Hunter

Went out wed started a lil late in the morning. Didnt think id bag anything. Started with some LC in amer shad and ghost styles. Nothing. Had a couple bites on flukes. Stopped at gates and fished on the east side because thats the side that the bank was in the shade. Thought the fish would be in the cooler water. Caught one 18 1/2 fatboy. I kept it and ate it that night. Caught it on anchovie.

Talked to a duct worker that was parked. He said theyre cleaning the banks because theyre allowing farmers to pump theur water in the duct from the wells theyre digging to store. And then release it back to their fields when they need it. I noticed a big increase in water levels. Anybody have any success at night?
Old 07-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjimenez2013 View Post
Talked to a duct worker that was parked. He said theyre cleaning the banks because theyre allowing farmers to pump theur water in the duct from the wells theyre digging to store. And then release it back to their fields when they need it. I noticed a big increase in water levels. Anybody have any success at night?
Where I fish in the evenings, not too much to talk about. I fish until sundown, I haven't fish past that. I'll have to try that one night.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:03 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Nice catch , what kind of lure were you using.I used the swim shad last time .
I usually throw Yozuri Sashimi Rattl'n Vibe, but I tried Duo Realis lipless crankbait. The big 22" fish swallowed it. So I guess for now that's my favorite lure
Old 07-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
The Farm is on its way to getting fished out , some of the guys from work have been out there and seen cooler loads of under size striper being hauled out by the same two poachers.
That used to be my Favorite spot, I hate when I see people taking illegal size fish, wish Fish and Game would show up.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
I usually throw Yozuri Sashimi Rattl'n Vibe, but I tried Duo Realis lipless crankbait. The big 22" fish swallowed it. So I guess for now that's my favorite lure
Ive been waiting to try them realis. Love how they look online with the holographic look. just look like a good quality lure. Where may i ask did you get it at? Online? I havent seen them sold in stores around here.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjimenez2013 View Post
Ive been waiting to try them realis. Love how they look online with the holographic look. just look like a good quality lure. Where may i ask did you get it at? Online? I havent seen them sold in stores around here.
I got them online thru Tackle Warehouse. Really fast shipping. I usually get them in 2 days.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Striper Hunter

Way to many people out fishing this morning. Really crowded at the gates. Managed to catch 2 nice size ones. I'll try again during the week.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:41 PM
Striper Hunter

I got to get back out there. I have been lmb fishing for the last few weeks & doing pretty well.