Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 16 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 05-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

i Been using this line 20lb line i like it. I usually dont go higher then a 15lb line but they only had it in 20lb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2014, 03:37 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjimenez2013 View Post
i Been using this line 20lb line i like it. I usually dont go higher then a 15lb line but they only had it in 20lb
The last spool of line I used was the big game line. Trilene Worked great but the spiderwire had cool packaging .lol. the xl line will cast a mile and resist twisting but not as tough as the big game and I like to get the lure right up to the gates.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:39 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Mudsuckers or Minnows. As soon as they hit the water they will pounce on them
Will try the minnows, the fish were good size and I will go back I and nail one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2014, 03:50 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexo408 View Post
Where can I buy frozen/live bait in or near patterson
Frozen anchovies at Walmart, there are no other bait stores in patterson . Nearest live bait is in modest or tracy.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Will try the minnows, the fish were good size and I will go back I and nail one
You can find minnows in the duct where the moss is thick against the edge. You can see them feeding on the top. Use a net or fish them with red worm on a small hook. I do that.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:08 PM
First Mate

Quote:
You can find minnows in the duct where the moss is thick against the edge. You can see them feeding on the top. Use a net or fish them with red worm on a small hook. I do that.
There is very little moss build up on the banks, the current in the mendota tears it out when the flow picks up and it will only stop for a couple of days at a time .the only minnows I have seen here are so small they cant bite a hook. Luckily the bait stores in tracy carry live baits.The cali duct around here is very clean as well, went to avenal and buttonwillow areas earlier this year and was surprised at the amount of moss.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
There is very little moss build up on the banks, the current in the mendota tears it out when the flow picks up and it will only stop for a couple of days at a time .the only minnows I have seen here are so small they cant bite a hook. Luckily the bait stores in tracy carry live baits.The cali duct around here is very clean as well, went to avenal and buttonwillow areas earlier this year and was surprised at the amount of moss.
The minnows here are pretty nice size. 4inches. In these areas there are small mouth bass too. In the morning you can see them right on the banks. Have caught 2 with black and blue spinners

I think moss is building up because there is very little flow south. Most of thw water is going to small towns near the duct.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:59 PM
First Mate

Quote:
The minnows here are pretty nice size. 4inches. In these areas there are small mouth bass too. In the morning you can see them right on the banks. Have caught 2 with black and blue spinners

I think moss is building up because there is very little flow south. Most of thw water is going to small towns near the duct.
Damn those are big minnows, we get bass here too on the swin shads.caught a 15 inch striperand had a bass try to take it off the hook, it kept shadowing it for couple of minutes while my friend tossed lures to it until it spooked away.
Last trip south the cali was flowing hard here and at buttonwillow it looked like it had not moved in months, moss at the surface and solid about 10 feet from shore.then hit another section that must have been recently scrubed clean the day before with crystal clear water and no moss in sight.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Striper Hunter

Has anyone been out lately? How's the water flow? I'm thinking about going out tomorrow morning. Hopefully the wind will die down too
Old 05-31-2014, 11:54 PM
First Mate

Fished the 132 & I-5 area friday from 3:30 to 4:30 and only one striper that was 18 inches , had a couple of other bites but missed setting the hook . Thursday fished at safeway and caught 9 with the largest 17 inches, spent an hour and a half there.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Fished the 132 & I-5 area friday from 3:30 to 4:30 and only one striper that was 18 inches , had a couple of other bites but missed setting the hook . Thursday fished at safeway and caught 9 with the largest 17 inches, spent an hour and a half there.
Sounds like fun. I went out Fri morning the opposite side of the farm. (water still not flowing ) I walked all the way down to the pumps. I
got to get me a electric scooter my knees were killing me. I caught 11 stripers 16" to 18" and one cute baby catfish. 8 using bait and 4 on lures. Fun day, I'll hit it next week
Old 06-01-2014, 07:33 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Sounds like fun. I went out Fri morning the opposite side of the farm. (water still not flowing ) I walked all the way down to the pumps. I
got to get me a electric scooter my knees were killing me. I caught 11 stripers 16" to 18" and one cute baby catfish. 8 using bait and 4 on lures. Fun day, I'll hit it next week
On friday the current was dead and then started moving , its not changing the water level very much if any but the times of movement are random.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Striper Hunter

Went out early Sun evening. Started at the farm 1 striper, drove down Lammers and caught 4 more. Nothing biting on bait, all caught on lures
Old 06-04-2014, 11:16 AM
First Mate

First cast 15 inch striper second cast 17 inch striper and finally on the fourth cast a 18 inch large mouth ,was out of there in 20 minutes . A hit and run on the way home using the swim bait.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BASS MCARTHUR.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	20722  
Old 06-04-2014, 06:35 PM
First Mate

Quote:
First cast 15 inch striper second cast 17 inch striper and finally on the fourth cast a 18 inch large mouth ,was out of there in 20 minutes . A hit and run on the way home using the swim bait.
Checked with the Bass Pro at work and he confirmed the bass to be a black bass.