Has anyone had a striper bite in the A.C south jersey area - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > New Jersey
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Jersey Regional discussion, news and reports for striped bass fishing in New Jersey

Old 03-29-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Has anyone had a striper bite in the A.C south jersey area

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck in the atlantic city-cape may area yet. I have been waiting for the water temp to come up alittle more but I think I start alittle early this year and see what kind of bite there is. You can't catch em if you don't wet a line. If anyone has had a bite some info would be really helpful. Spring has sprung lets catch-em up!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2005, 04:57 PM

Hi Smitty.

Heard from a few guys who tried AC on the weekend without a bite. Albeit daytime reports. Some of the boat guys had reports but none from shore. Very very soon.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:01 PM

Default striper bite in A.C area

Thanks for the info striperjim. Weather permitting I am going to go try a few spots tommorrow and see what happens. Like I said before you can't hookem if you don't wet a line. I will put a post tommorrow and let you know whats up. I will probably try from corsons down to cape point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2005, 07:03 PM

Hey smitty Welcome to the site!!!

I fish in stone harbor new jersey every year. (did ya ever hear of it?)

I just heard reports that they are starting to catch small ones in Stone Harbor/Avalon/Cape May. So get ready in a week or so, as soon as the water warms a little, thell be hear.

Good Luck~
Old 03-29-2005, 09:59 PM

Default striper bite in AC area

Thanks for the info mike. yes I have heard of stone harbor. I grew up in cape may and I used to dock my boat at breezy leez marina. Im glad to hear that the shorts are around. That means the cows are on the way. I would rather catch some shorts right now then nothing at all. Do you have any idea if they were caught on artificial bait, plugs, or fresh bait. were they in the surf or the back bays. I am going to try some of both starting tommorrow and see what happens. I have been looking around for some schools of bait fish but haven't seen much yet. I guess the water needs to rise a few more degrees. This web site is great. atol of info that is real easy to find. I will post back later and let yall know how I did. Remember you can't catchem unless you wet a line. PS JIMMIE JOHNSON RULES!!!! Thanks for the info. :twisted: :P
Old 03-29-2005, 10:02 PM

Smitty...the way its lookin' up here, I would try dams and Power Plant outflows...the ticket in Bosotn right now seems to be slim profile soft plastics, like Slug-o's or small plastic swim shad....fished mostly off the bottom...

Hope that helps... :)
Old 03-30-2005, 09:29 PM

smitty, ther reports i heard were that they were catching them on clams,squid, and bloodworms. They were also in the bays, and "slower" moving areas.

Good Luck~
Old 03-31-2005, 01:24 PM

Thanks Mike. I am going to go try e few spots this afternoon. I will probably try bloodworms if I can find any that are worth spending the money on. Last year they were all so small They worn't worth the money. I will probably give the clam beds at corsons inlet a try. I will let you know how I do if I make it out.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:23 PM

ok thanks. Good Luck
Old 04-01-2005, 07:08 PM

Default THE BITE IS ON IN CAPE MAY

WOW what a day. I headed down to my favorite jetty at cape may point. Stopped and got some fresh surf clam. I am not a big fan of fish finder rigs so I rigged up my 3oz torpedo with swivels and my favorite gomagatsu hook and my first cast within 5 minutes I had a 32in bass. I was estatic. Threw on a nother clam and second cast a 28 inch bass. two keppers right off the bat. All and all I had 4 keeper bass and 3 shorts, and 3 runnoffs. What a day and the water temp is still only 42.5 degrees. Fresh surf clam is the ticket and it was cheap right now. Can't wait till the temp hits around 50 then it will really be on. I did't really see any bait fish in the water either but there was still a great bite today. I will be back out again sunday. :D :D :twisted: :twisted:
Old 04-01-2005, 07:50 PM

WOW good job, smitty
Old 04-01-2005, 11:32 PM

Nice...thats a wicked good haul for this time of year... :D
Old 04-02-2005, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty
You can't catch em if you don't wet a line.
Way to Go Smitty. :D The spring is now officially here.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:10 PM

Thanks guys. I am going to try again sunday afternoon if the weather isn't to bad. The jettys I fish are not very high out of the water and I have been going alone and there hasn't been anyone else out. I fish hard but you still need to be safe. I was real surpised at the size of the fish that were around already. Usaully this early with the temp still low it is all shorts but they were some really nice cows with alot of girth. I forgot my shimano scale so I am not sure of the weight but they were some nice fish. I hope the bite is still on tommorrow. By the way I swithched to power pro jast year and all I can say is WOW!!!. I love it. I will never fish mono again. The bite was really suttle so I had to set the bait runner really lite and let them take it for awile but even with the bait runner set you still feel every bump plus it cuts through the water so much better then mono. I'll let you guy know how I do if I make it out sunday I don't want to miss the bristol race. The bite is on so hookem up and hook em good. :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 04-02-2005, 10:01 PM

Thanks for the update..... What jetty were you at by the way. i go to one in stone harbor or avalon i cant remember :roll: :roll:.

I never caught anything there though, but i have saw some people catch nice sized sea bass.

Thanks