Some Delaware Bay Flounder fishing - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Saltwater Species
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Species Whatever else you're catching or want to catch. Cod / Tuna / Fluke / Blues / Weakfish / Tataug / Sea Bass / Flounder / Shark / Snook / Bonefish / Tarpon / Redfish / Barracuda / Sea Trout / Cobia, etc...

Old 07-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Official Member

Default Some Delaware Bay Flounder fishing

Fished the outgoing tide on Saturday.Had my Cousin Joe and his son Joe Jr aboard to do a little Flukin' around.We got to a spot in the upper bay with calm seas at the top of the incoming tide around 1030.We still had a little incoming tide,a drift of .5 knots and water temp of 79 degrees and no wind.In 26ft of water Joe sr put a nice 22" fluke in the box,off to a good start.A little while later Joe Jr pick up 3 croakers(Hmmm good bait) then every one caught a Oyster cracker.Finally the tide started to move out very slowly,Joe sr caught another 2 k's 19" and 20".I caught 2 Tb's and finally 1 just legal Keeper at 17.25".Joe Jr in the last 2hrs caught 2 nice fat K's both 21".We all caugh a small snapper bluefish. We had to clear out early because by about 2pm we had wind against tide and by 3pm conditions were unfishable with hardly any drift at all not to mention 2-3ft seas.It all happened quickly which caused an hour long wait at the ramp as everyone decided to come in at the same time.When the tide is low at Sportsman's Cove only one ramp has enough water to safely get out.But considering the amount of boats in line to get out,the wait was reasonable thanks to all the help at the ramp.Here's some pix of happy fisherman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Some Delaware Bay Flounder fishing

Sounds like a nice day! I love fluke. My favorite fish to eat. Too bad they only bite during the day, and I can only fish at night....