Black Thread Worms,, endangered species? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Rods And Custom Rod Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rods And Custom Rod Building Discuss on fishing rods & on custom rod building here. Saltwater and freshwater Rods

Old 12-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Grouchy old Bassturd

Default Black Thread Worms,, endangered species?

They must be. I've been all over SoCo Area trying to buy some Guberod Black "D" non-ncp thread and everyone (that's open this holiday season) says their distributor is out of it til spring! My partially built rod (I) wont wait that long.

I find it interesting how the local merchants want you to buy what they have, not what you need/want.
Anyways, again I find myself going mail-order, and to make the shipping worth while, I decided to stock in next season's supplies (at great savings over local). This will reduce my local buying for next year significantly, locally.
There are no locals (that I'm aware of) that stock (or even offer to order) winter fisherman's hobby supplies.
Sure we'll buy a plug from time to time in the winter, but most that I know are tying flies, streamers, bucktails, making rods, lures, plugs, and jigs. You'd think someone would wake up and start having a "winter's inventory' for us do-it-youselfers. Maybe even fly tying, rod making, lure making type seminars / classes to help encourage sales(?).

All I hear from the local shops is how hard it is in the tackle buisness,,,,, can't be that hard taking 3-5 mos. a year off to go to Forida because "there's nothing here". I also keep hearing how one should try to support our local buisness and buy local! (I'm begining to think by "local" they mean crazily?)

Since this is not (by far) the first time I've run head to head with this, I've made a New Years Resolution!
Yesterday I spent all afternoon and probably $15.00 worth of gas looking for;
Black "D" thread
Blk, Dunn, White Rooster hackles
High build Flex-Coat, and / or
Rod blanks
Only to come back frustrated and empty handed.
Then, with 2 comfortable beers and the internet I had exactly what I wanted within an hour's (relaxing & enjoyable) time! And bought more than the above intended items for next season,,, and many were at 1/4 the price! Bearing swivels were like $2.00 for 25 or somethinbg like that. locally it's like $2.00 for 3 or 4! (not to mention smallish Qty. discounts)

Thus my New Year's Resolution,,,,, Buy more on-line before going local.
Note to tackle shops-
Sorry local shop keepers, but it's now obvious you really don't want to be bothered with my buisness,,, You'll do just fine with the tourist trade during the "in season" I'm sure.
Respectfully,
Exasperated Lost Customer (and sales)

PS; my $140.00 internet purchase would of probably been $300.00+ locally!
Enough savings for 2 day delivery, I'll look for it the day after Christmas (when I'll have time, again, to use it).

Whew,,, I feel better now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2006, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Black Thread Worms,, endangered species?

lets start one up bud im in and feal the same as you
Old 12-26-2006, 02:53 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

http://shop.mudhole.com/

try here, thye are usualy pretty good....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Grouchy old Bassturd

Mudhole and Jann's Netcraft are both good.
Their custome's service is like nothing I find here,,,, which is a good thing.
(Jann's is where I did the above thing)