6/16-6/17: Updates being added, you might see errors! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Striper Information & Services > Information - Security - Help Center
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Information - Security - Help Center Need help with the forum? Have questions about the forum? Got an idea or suggestion for us? Also, find info on computer security & misc other goodies here.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:04 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default 6/16-6/17: Updates being added, you might see errors!

Hi everyone. I will be installing new security mods to the message board tonight. If you experience any errors while browsing the board, posting, replying, or sending PM's, etc., please bear with us as we work to complete these necessary security updates. These updates will help protect us from hackers, script kiddies, and malicious code, etc.

You may also notice the board asking you come up with a Security Question and Answer. Upon following the link to your Profile, scroll to the bottom and you should the boxes to fill in with your question and answer. If you do not immediately see the security boxes, it is because they have been installed and will only take a short while to complete. So be sure to check back periodically.

These updates should only take 1-2 hours.

Thanks for your patience. And please feel free to email me at [email protected] to report any issues or ask any questions!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2005, 03:09 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

UPDATES HAVE BEEN COMPLETED

Here's some tips and answers to the most often asked questions...

1.) If your getting a white page with an "Internal Server Error", this is not on our end. Unfortunately it's the web hosting companies server configurations that cause this error, and there is nothing we can do to correct it because we dont have access to the physical server(s). I have been made of this error coming here when trying to post pics sometimes, as well as on the MM board when trying to type in the security Question and Answer. I have contacted the host about this server error problem, and hope to get atleast an answer from them on this.

2.) If you log in and get a "phpbbsecurity thinks you should go away..." screen, please contact me at the email below. This was happening to those who were part of Usergroups that Moderated some forums. What happened was, the security features thought those members in the groups that Moderated forums were actually Moderators. The board was calling up more Staff than the security mod would allow. I had to remove these groups in order to get those who were in them back on the board. These groups included the Rod N Lure Building group, the Member Services group, Jr. Anglers Group, and a few regional groups. We will work on putting Groups back together once we get this security update squared away, and make sure everyone has access to the board like usual.

3.) If you are having any problems, please contact me, [email protected].

This update warrants a mass email to members, so I will be sending this out everyone to give them a heads up.